Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a Kriega bag ??? Looking at the Kriega 20R. Looking for input and any pics set up on bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Kreiga R30 backpack. Along with my Goretex Kit, it is the best piece of kit I have ever bought. I've ridden around 10,000 miles with it in every weather.

The R30 is completely waterproof and is really comfortable. I rode 280 miles in one go (aside from stopping for fuel) about 3 weeks ago. It got a bit sore after 4 hours, but I did have around 10kg in it.

The next day I rode 120 miles through thunderstorms, got in my kit in the main compartment totally dry.

If you're going for a backpack then only the R30 is waterproof. The others you will need to get a dry bag.

I've had Ogio, Knox and Oxford bags and the Kreiga is way beyond them in every respect. Fit, quality, etc.

I feel a bit naked these days without it.

If you can afford it, go for it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I also bought the 30L. It's a little tricky to get positioned under the back seat but works great. I can snap some pics of anything you would like to see on it tonight if you want. Considering we have the same bike..

By the way, I took a trip to Houston for a week using the bag. If it hadn't been for the laptop and charger it would have all fit.. Hit some rain several times and some pretty bad dust. Stuff was 100% clean..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Kriega R25 is one of two bike packs we have in the house. It's very comfortable, stays in place, and is worth the money and then some. Staps are perfect; you forget you are wearing it. No pulling on the shoulders.

The other pack we have is the Ogio Mach 5, which is the hard-core pack I usually use, totally weather proof with no exposed zippers. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oops, reading comprehension for the win! R not US. Carry on nothing to see here..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screaminz...Think the R25 may work best..not to big, not to small. How is it mounted to rear seat..close up pics would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Dam, that's one expensive backpack:
Kriega R30 Backpack - RevZilla

Don't think I've ever paid more than $60 a pack. I guess if you ride in rain, it's a must :dunno

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the US20 is the way to go...don't think I want a pack on my back when it's hot out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have both a:
r35 backpack
us20 tail pack
First I fill up with heavy stuff and then whatever fits into the tail pack.
It straps on easy and secure as to the 2013 636 under the rear cowl, fill it right up no worries.
Light stuff and anything else when the tail pack is filled then goes into the backpack. The strap system means you don't get as sore shoulders as a standard type straps backpack.
Have done 000's miles, 100% waterproof and and both survived a road crash where the rider and bike got broken! :) worth the price

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I had the small one for a tail bag, might've been the US20 or whatever the smallest is. Was a great bag I used for my triumph that had no rear storage. Sold it when I got the Kawi.

Great quality bag. Worth the price. Seems like a bag you can own forever and never have to replace.

As far as mounting, the bag comes with straps that you can wrap around your subframe. The opposite end is a bunch of loops that you pull out of space between your fairing and rear seat. Then when you're ready to use the bag, you strap the J clips that are connected to the bag, onto the loops strapped to your subframe. The J clips are secure. I never had an issue with ANY coming loose.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the US10 - seems well laid out and I like the mounting strap/fitting system. I've never had it submerged but everything inside the main pouch stayed dry through days of moderate rain while in Mexico. It's pretty small though so can't be used for anything sizable - wallet, phone, papers, camera, and such would be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also bought the 30L. It's a little tricky to get positioned under the back seat but works great. I can snap some pics of anything you would like to see on it tonight if you want. Considering we have the same bike..

By the way, I took a trip to Houston for a week using the bag. If it hadn't been for the laptop and charger it would have all fit.. Hit some rain several times and some pretty bad dust. Stuff was 100% clean..
Sir can you show some pics on how you attached kriega?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts