Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to tell me the benefits of the Kleen air mod? I have a 2006 636 and I've often wondered about this. I read a few how to 's and it seems easy enough... but what are the positives here? Any Negatives? What exactly is the point of the mod?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
its def a good mod to do and it will help eliminate the backfiring *popping* sound you hear when decel from most aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its def a good mod to do and it will help eliminate the backfiring *popping* sound you hear when decel from most aftermarket exhaust.
I read that on another Kawi forum. "Smoother" was also another word they threw in there. I'm going to try it and see what's what. Do the Jumper Mod too. Short stacks, etc. All the "free" mods, when I reasemble the bike after winter project.

Still just wanted to pick people's brains about it. If there is no bad and only good that can come of it... why not?! :coocoo

·
Registered
17,933 Posts
I read that on another Kawi forum. "Smoother" was also another word they threw in there. I'm going to try it and see what's what. Do the Jumper Mod too. Short stacks, etc. All the "free" mods, when I reasemble the bike after winter project.

Still just wanted to pick people's brains about it. If there is no bad and only good that can come of it... why not?! :coocoo
You might try em one at a time, so you know whats giving you what affect.?

I mean you do em all at once & if the bike don't run like you think it should,
Which mod you gonna blame????

Reactions: MasterTurkey

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have it on mine. No complaints. It also helps a lot if you get a custom tune. It allows for a more accurate air to fuel reading. Thats why I did it because I plan to get to get a custom tune after my headers.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh. Well, I plan on doing that some time in the spring (exhuast-full and ecu & tune) so, I might as well bang it out.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

hey dont forget to take out them sec flies :) you will notice better throttle responce with them out.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I posted a thread about this just the other day. It seems there are different ways in which people perform the "kleen air" mod.

Personally, if I were you, I would remove the SAI system and use block off plates on the valve cover. This will stop fresh air from entering the exhaust stream which will make for more accurate A/F readings and also reduce popping on decel.

If you want to touch the crankcase breather system, just plug the nipple on the airbox and run the vent line to a filter or catch can.

Others performed this "kleen air" mod by connecting the crankcase breather line to the SAI system. I do not think this is a beneficial way of doing things and don't recommend it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts