Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Kawi Kit ECU on my zx6rr. Before i purchased it i did alot of research on it, alot. If you have any questions ask me, im sure i can answer them for you. Its an awesome product and an even better platform to start your mods from!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not on my bike personally but i plan on having a custom mapped added soon. I think superbike has one that they did on an 6rr stock and then with an Kit ECU. I see if i can find it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can tell you alor you will get 6 hp over what you have right now and that is just the default map on the Kit ECU, if you get it custom tuned you can get alot more out of it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You dont need to, but if you want to program the Kit ECU you can either buy the Kawi Cable ($400+) or the pc III. You can get the same results and most programers are more firmiliar with the pcIII over the Kit ECU.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the Kit Ecu is a direct replacement for your stock ECU. The default map is on the Kit ECU is good for 10hp on the 6rr and 6 on the 6r.

Now lets say you want to get a custom map on your Kit ECU (just as you could do with the stock ecu) you can either map through the pcIII or the Kawi Cord . With the pcIII its easier to map cause most mappers are more firmilar with the pcIII than the Kit ECU. Plus the Kawi Cord cost more than the pcIII.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally i love the Kit on my bike. I know for the rr its the best bang for the buck, never rode a 6r thats has had one but heard only good things about it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Call advanced Kawasaki and tell them you read about it on Kawiforums and they will hook it up, thats how i got mine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts