Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here ever had any problems with the key mech. on their 636B, my key wont turn to the left from the on position, it will only turn only right and be pulled out and with the bike in the locked postion and the rear tail light on, so to have the key out the back light is on, and to have the bike completly off i have to leave the key in it between the on and lights postion, has anyone heard of this before??:dowhat

·
Registered
617 Posts
The same thing happened to my friends bike. His key got stuck and would not come out. Luckily after messing with for awhile it came out. If you don't tape over your keyhole when you wash your bike, moisture can get in and corrode the mechanisum. Just give a little spray of chain lube in her and things should work ok.:thumbup

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Mine has done it in the past and I sprayed it with some WD40 and all was fine

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it locks the bars and lets me take out the key and this is when i turn it all the way to the right, as in clockwise motion, and the rear brake light stays on

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and when i put the key in it, and turn the key couner clockwise, it goes to the on postion and stops, the bike starts fine and runs good, but the key wont go any farther left (counter clockwise)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i its good too know not that much is fucked up on the zixxer, but the key is still in it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, tried it all, pushing pulling, twisting, all gently cause i dont want to compound the problem a week before TN run lol

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Flushing. Massaging. Came-Out. Sounds like fun.

I'm assuming it's just corrosion. Mine hasn't done it since I whacked it with WD40. Good to know you got the damn thing out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts