Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome race weekend. The sounds. The smell of burnt and unburnt fuel. The track. The access.

Ducati island had some retarded bikes.

So many fuckin gapers (tourists). Stretched bikes. Squids everywhere. It was quite the spectacle.

Almost no Kawi riders. I saw one person with a Kawi shirt on. Weird. Just because they're not in the sport???

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Awesome race weekend. The sounds. The smell of burnt and unburnt fuel. The track. The access.

Ducati island had some retarded bikes.

So many fuckin gapers (tourists). Stretched bikes. Squids everywhere. It was quite the spectacle.

Almost no Kawi riders. I saw one person with a Kawi shirt on. Weird. Just because they're not in the sport???
That's a shame to hear. Tell us more about the race weekend. I'd like to hear what it was like.

Also re: Kawasaki and Motogp. With the new Open class rules set to drive down costs we may we Team Green back in the paddock soon enough.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
At least you had a good time. I still have not been to a GP nor a World Superbike event. That is on my Bucket List for sure.

No need to represent a company that does not want to participate. Kinda like placing labels/decals on a ride that is not paying for the advertisement/representation.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
At least you had a good time. I still have not been to a GP nor a World Superbike event. That is on my Bucket List for sure.

No need to represent a company that does not want to participate. Kinda like placing labels/decals on a ride that is not paying for the advertisement/representation.
Come out on to Laguna Seca this year in July :devious

I'm gonna ride out there from Phoenix. Long ass ride but it will be worth it to have my bike there. If I chicken out I'll truck it out there.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
No Laguna Seca this year...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Come out on to Laguna Seca this year in July :devious

I'm gonna ride out there from Phoenix. Long ass ride but it will be worth it to have my bike there. If I chicken out I'll truck it out there.
that is indeed tempting. Elko, NV here and always up for a good ride.

No Laguna Seca this year...
yes sir for moto gp, but wsb will be there

edit: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/tickets

·
Registered
879 Posts
watch world superbike if you want to see zx10's tearing it up. and for our own lovely zx6's, we get mad respect in world supersport.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post some pics soon. Nothing professional. I can tell you that access is awesome even with GA tix. I would rather have had an RV and just camped there the whole time. It's intense for sure, but honestly, the crowds were so busy buying Repsol, Ducati and Yamaha gear, that they were missing the action.

Marquez is retarded fast. It's his championship to lose. Anyone who thinks he is a flash-in-the-pan is a fool. I was at Turn 12 and he went lazy/cruise control on a few laps and it was still faster than everyone. More importantly, factory Honda's are just the fastest bikes. Yamaha's sounded rougher, like timing was off. Perhaps that's the engine note. Ducati was a deep note. Honda's just wind and scream.

I think there's a chasm that's gonna open this season between Honda and Yamaha. I hoped not, after Lorenzo fighting so hard at the end of last season, and showing that he could be aggressive. He is over-anxious and it has showed 2 races in a row. Not for lack of heart, it was nice to see him fight back into the points and grab 10th place. The crowd was definitely behind him, as was I.

Iannone in 3rd for awhile, was a great surprise, but alas, a factory ride would take his place. Dovizioso has been racing a long time, and he earned his podium with the titans.

Bradl, my favorite rider, did ok, -1 from his qualifying. Again, he's riding against giants. People like him a lot more than you would think. A lot of Bradl fans were there, albeint wearing Yamaha visors lol.

If you have not gone to this track, GO! This track will be one of the great tracks of the world in 20 years. The paddock passes get you right next to the pits, bikes, riders and mechanics. Security is lax in a good way. Food is shitty except for the big yellow BBQ spot. There are GA spots on the grass that almost no one was sitting at. Bleacher seats are nice, i recommend up high at the Turn 12 complex. Austin is a fun town, lots of drinking and food spots. It's like Portland, but in Texas.

Reactions: Strider

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cost vs return on value. They were pouring money in, not winning and MotoGP isn't some ubiquitous brand that helps sell bikes.
Ducati pumps money in, gets and occasional podium, doesn't really win ever and this sport KILLS it for them.

Suzuki is ready to test at Austin for next season. See if they can mix things up and maybe open the door for Kawasaki to come back...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I quit watching moto gp when kawi dropped out. Wsbk is okay to watch. Kawi should go back to moto gp and keep developpin the zx-rr platform to podium standards and then release its homologation street version zx-10rr

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be great to see.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sportbike market has flatlined for the past 4 years, MOTOGP (Well MSMA) have developed rules to help them with other markets - The DNA of both Yamaha and Honda dictates they race - Suzuki are struggling to afford it but are committed to return - Kawasaki bikes are a very small part of their business (always has been) so no reason to go MOTOGP, they made a 4 year commitment to WSBK and WSSPT (instead of pouring money into MOTOGP) because the bikes are production based, that 4 year commitment is nearly over... in SSPT600 Only Kawasaki have put the serious money in, all the other bikes are older spec, thus Kawsaki rule the roost....(although lots of clever blokes with Yamaha and Honda are keeping them honest) even the ZX6 used in SSPT is a now a 5 year old design, the ZX10 in WSBK is a 3 year old design.....

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Sportbike market has flatlined for the past 4 years, MOTOGP (Well MSMA) have developed rules to help them with other markets - The DNA of both Yamaha and Honda dictates they race - Suzuki are struggling to afford it but are committed to return - Kawasaki bikes are a very small part of their business (always has been) so no reason to go MOTOGP, they made a 4 year commitment to WSBK and WSSPT (instead of pouring money into MOTOGP) because the bikes are production based, that 4 year commitment is nearly over... in SSPT600 Only Kawasaki have put the serious money in, all the other bikes are older spec, thus Kawsaki rule the roost....(although lots of clever blokes with Yamaha and Honda are keeping them honest) even the ZX6 used in SSPT is a now a 5 year old design, the ZX10 in WSBK is a 3 year old design.....
I'd rather ride the streetbikes that rule the roost than the brand of the bike that I'll never ride that rules the roost :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts