Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i'm new to the forum and thank for letting me post.
I have two Ninja's and i'd like to get more performance than the original 60 hp
What do you suggest to gain a few more horses? Is there any kits still in commerce?

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
Hi everyone i'm new to the forum and thank for letting me post.
I have two Ninja's and i'd like to get more performance than the original 60 hp
What do you suggest to gain a few more horses? Is there any kits still in commerce?
My guess is your bikes are restricted. This may be as simple as a baffle in the intakes to limit maximum air flow, it could be a mechanical stop on the throttle to limit maximum opening..... I would expect that the full power version would be closer to 80 peak hp....

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
There are options.

-MSF course - makes you quicker on any bike, and better at braking
-Good tires (I like Q3+, good longevity without sacrificing cornering traction)
-Smog block-off plates (revzilla)
-Airbox Mod (free, can youtube it - gets rid of a valve that can fail)
-1-2 sizes larger carb jets (assortment of websites for these; shimming is free via youtubing it... gas mileage decreases)
-Sprocket tooth change (front +1, rear -2 = better acceleration, but worse gas mileage and top speed)
-You wont find new exhaust systems unless you buy a slip-on with a custom bracket. That said, these bikes don't have a CAT so there is no restriction.
-If you have the luxury, buy non-ethanol fuel (makes the carb/tank happy)

Other things to do:
-Full synthetic 10w-40 motorcycle oil (do NOT buy any old synthetic car oil, buy MOTUL or another MOTORYCLE oil. Your wet clutch will thank you).
-Check that your front sprocket nut is there. These bikes for whatever reason have a tendency to fling off front sprocket nuts. Use Loctite.
-Ride it/them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts