Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get some oil today and noticed that Kawasaki has 10w40 oil on sale. Has anyone used this oil before? It's not synthetic but for $13 a gallon sounds like a good deal...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used it, I have never noticed any difference between that or any other oil. Unless your racing and getting down to the fine details I would say you're fine. That is, as long as you haven't already gone synthetic.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used it, I have never noticed any difference between that or any other oil. Unless your racing and getting down to the fine details I would say you're fine. That is, as long as you haven't already gone synthetic.
This will be my first oil change, bike only has 45xx miles on it, not sure what oil they used before, or if they even did a change, it's pretty dark in color so I figured it's better to be safe and change it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Went to get some oil today and noticed that Kawasaki has 10w40 oil on sale. Has anyone used this oil before? It's not synthetic but for $13 a gallon sounds like a good deal...
where did you find a gallon for $13? Sounds like a awesome deal really!

·
Registered
971 Posts
going to synthetic and back to conventional is not a big deal in modern engines because of improvements/changes in engine components.
Actually they improved the chemical make-up of our current oils. Most of your synthetic oils now a days have some sort of proportion of regular mineral oil. There is no longer any issues in switching between oils or even mixing them. Switch back and forth as much as you like.

Kawi oil is just as good as most other oils. Its what I'm currently running in my ZX6, however next oil change I will be going to synthetic, as synthetics still out perform mineral oils in break down, contamination and durability.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually they improved the chemical make-up of our current oils. Most of your synthetic oils now a days have some sort of proportion of regular mineral oil. There is no longer any issues in switching between oils or even mixing them. Switch back and forth as much as you like.

Kawi oil is just as good as most other oils. Its what I'm currently running in my ZX6, however next oil change I will be going to synthetic, as synthetics still out perform mineral oils in break down, contamination and durability.
Awesome, thanks. I might just guy a gallin and have it around as a back up, if needed. Or if one of my friends need it. For 13 Dollars. I dont think its a bad price.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts