Here’s the important stuff:

-KQS Quickshifter (up only) fitted as standard
-Revised gear ratios
-Updated dashboard design featuring remaining fuel range and fuel level guage
-Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 tyres
-Updated bodywork and seat unit design
-LED headlights
-Euro4 compliant

That all Sounds good to us, and it’s great to see a 600cc (ok, 636cc…) supersport returning to showrooms. The quickshifter is welcome news and the updated looks hit the mark. A close look at the photos suggests the frame is unchanged from the previous generation, but there’s a tweak to the silencer design. Forks (Showa BPF), brakes (Nissin monoblock), electronics (KTRC, ABS, etc) all remain unchanged, except for the shock which gets a longer spring and softer spring weight. There’s no word on horsepower, but given it’s now a Euro4 compliant model, we’d expect it to lose a few horses (just like Yamaha‘s R6 did) or, with any luck, maybe Kawasaki will have kept output the same. Time will tell.

There’s a few more subtle tweaks too, like an adjustable clutch lever and a 12V charging outlet for phone/gps or whatever else.

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,342 Posts
Nice. I like the black.

The lack of real innovation in bike design in the last near decade is wild to me though. They hit a point and it seems like they're like "Welp, really can't get much better" and that's it lol.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
We have been living in the age of Bold New Graphics for some time, now.

It's somewhat difficult to generate more power in a given displacement beyond a certain level, without violating one parameter or another...... right now the Euro4 is the driving force. That's been consuming costs for some time in a relatively flat economy (from a motorcycle perspective).

Suzuki went through almost all of the 90's and well into the 2000's without any innovation. Kawasaki is afloat due to the diversification into pretty much any power sport you can think of.

Honda? Cars, generators, all sorts of lawn equipment..... and motorcycles.

Yamaha it's musical instruments, bikes, watercraft.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
so, since 2013 the update is...............almost NADA???

im guessing they have goneflybywire - and that would be a good upgrade.

but yeah, really confused why sooooo much development on the 1000cc bikes by all manufacturers and nothing on 600s given there is still a very active race class.

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
so, since 2013 the update is...............almost NADA???

im guessing they have goneflybywire - and that would be a good upgrade.

but yeah, really confused why sooooo much development on the 1000cc bikes by all manufacturers and nothing on 600s given there is still a very active race class.
Because that class is dying. Talk to dealers. All sales are down. They've been going down for years. Honda already stopped making the CBR600. Others haven't sold any in Europe in the last few years because of the emission regulations. Bottom line...not many people are willing to spend $12k on a new 600. They depreciate so fast that you can get a used one in great condition with tons of aftermarket parts on for like $5-7k.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Womp wah. Quickshifter is cool, new fairings are uglier ..
Agreed. The upgrades are nice if it is kept at the same price.

---

I like that they haven't changed much since. There will be revived interest in aftermarket companies to make "new" products that will be compatible with the previous model. Maybe we can split for some HotBodies '19 2 for 1 special next year? :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The one thing they absolutely needed to fix was the front end suspension and they did nothing to it. So cheers to another generation of shit front forks that might send your ass sliding across the track just cause.

Wack.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
I still like the current gen looks the best (MY13-18), but I may be biased haha. LEDs and the instrument panel are a nice touch, as is the starting price.

I was really hoping they'd bring the active suspension from the ZX10R SE and really break some new ground for the 600 class, but oh well. Can't expect too much I guess lol. I'll stick with my sexy 2013 :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not so sure about the new design language for the Ninja Line. It kinda reminds me of the 03/04. But it doesnt look as good and kinda ends up nowhere. Good job on the price though, sub 10k is where these bikes need to be now, RD costs should be pretty minimal. Would have been nice to see some more significant updates but honestly I'm kinda surprised we got anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Front end of all these new supersport motorcycles look terrible!!! All have recessed light housings, small 'stumpy' looking things. Terrible

Similar looking lights,nose to the daytona, daytona winning in that department a bit though

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Because that class is dying. Talk to dealers. All sales are down. They've been going down for years. Honda already stopped making the CBR600. Others haven't sold any in Europe in the last few years because of the emission regulations. Bottom line...not many people are willing to spend $12k on a new 600. They depreciate so fast that you can get a used one in great condition with tons of aftermarket parts on for like $5-7k.
Good thing the 636 is now $9999 WOW

Also, why do people keep repeating that BS about the 600RR? 2019 CBR600RR Overview - Honda Powersports

I don’t get it. They sell a boat load of them. We just sold one at SFMOTO

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Agreed. The upgrades are nice if it is kept at the same price.

---

I like that they haven't changed much since. There will be revived interest in aftermarket companies to make "new" products that will be compatible with the previous model. Maybe we can split for some HotBodies '19 2 for 1 special next year? :D
I hate Hotbodies ... armour bodies is so much better fit and quality

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Good thing the 636 is now $9999 WOW

Also, why do people keep repeating that BS about the 600RR? 2019 CBR600RR Overview - Honda Powersports

I don’t get it. They sell a boat load of them. We just sold one at SFMOTO
Because that's what they said. Idk, there were a bunch of articles from trusted sites and magazines saying that Honda is done with the 600 and aren't making them anymore :O

Evidently that was wrong? Either way, I wouldn't say boat load of them. Every dealer I've ever talked to said sales on brand new 600cc bikes have gone way down in the last 10 years.

Reactions: Gawernator
1 - 20 of 106 Posts