Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya, can anyone help? was considering replacing standard air filter with k&n , what difference would this make and what would be the best way to fit ? was reading a post about someone who had the ram air ducts disconnected and couldnt get the bike to run well, would i still be able to attach these , or would i have to use a different method ? suggestions would be gratefully recieved .

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
If you are wanting to just replace your air filter...

I got mine at the local auto parts store.
You will need to find one that sells K&N filters and ask them to order one for your year and model bike.
Mine cost me $62.00.

Its not a problem here, I dont know about there across the pond.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
is there many types of filters? Race or standard or street use??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you talking about removing your airbox? or just running a K&N to fin in your stock air box?
not sure which is the best route to take , have heard that running one to fit in stock air box is probably the best option ??????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the 636 A1P bike fuel injected?

If it is then yes a K&N filter will make a difference, if it still uses carbs then you will have to do some carb re-jetting and an aftermarket exhaust system to get the best from the K&N.

I had a ZX9R C1 model with Carbs on and the K&N fed through too much air after 8000rpm which dropped off the power.

After fitting the K&N get a Dyno run carried out to see if the engine is happy higher up in the rev range.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi there,i`d use a bmc fiter before a k & n,k&n don`t have a high air flow so you`l gain little,bmc is a better product by far

1 - 8 of 8 Posts