Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here in winterland (Alberta Canada) we are expecting 6 inches of snow so I guess my riding season is now been put on hold for a while again. so I guess I am living vicariously through you guys for a bit.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
It's heading into our winter down hear in Australia now.. Today is 19c with 40% chance of rain.. Get some pics up of the snow mate :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
It was only 60 here in West Virginia today but the sun was out and so was I, hope the weather breaks up there sometime soon for you

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My wife and I are considering moving to Alberta near Calgary....the cold is a big big downside.....other than Canada itself, no offense my wife's Canadian spend time up there often...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I want to live in Vancouver more than anything, I'd rather deal with a few months of snow instead of 120+ degrees of heat (49 Celsius to you metric peeps) that we get for damn near half the year!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Come to winnipeg, -40 to -50 in winter +35 to +45 in summer... Speaking of which It did snow here the other day but the rain did it in the next day.

Now potholes are the real problem big enough to fit my entire front end I. And you never see em as there full of water.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Come to winnipeg, -40 to -50 in winter +35 to +45 in summer... Speaking of which It did snow here the other day but the rain did it in the next day.

Now potholes are the real problem big enough to fit my entire front end I. And you never see em as there full of water.
Naaa I'm good. I hate cold weather. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
snowed again last night. supposed to have some snow this weekend but nice Wednesday 63 so riding Wednesday morning will be cold at 36

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's heading into our winter down hear in Australia now.. Today is 19c with 40% chance of rain.. Get some pics up of the snow mate :)
That is almost 68 in the states if my math is correct. That is more than perfect for me. In Colorado today it was about a high of 55 with 40 mph winds. I decided to ride today, no regrets. Same weather for the rest of the week too, as long as the snow stays away I'll be on the roads.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah, it could be worse, and it was last year. This week, we will only be about 12 - 15 degrees below normal every day ... a real 'heat wave' compared to where we were at last year at this time. Rain is predicted every day for the next 10 days, except for Wednesday when it might snow. Last year, we had a MAJOR snowstorm every week during April, and this year we only got 'significant' snowfall twice.

We can torture ourselves by thinking of those glorious years when the temps are normal or above normal, and we seem to be at the opposite extreme and feeling robbed. Well ... nothing we can do about it but reassure ourselves that we'll be riding again ... maybe not soon ... maybe next month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts