does it lift up super easy now??

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:coocoo:coocoo
Looks good.

I bet it could wheelie before!:devious

...all my old bikes had alot of low end power this bike stock has no low end power thats why the rev limiter is 17 g's late 90's model bikes used to rev out @ 12 's the top end power is crazy on the 07 dont get me wrong stock sprockets i had my bike at 130 in 5th gear but i dont need that speed ...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've been tempted to change my gearing a bit but I don't want to hurt my highway cruising. Still it would be nice to get my front wheel off the ground without having to hit 30+ in 1st gear. Yeah yeah - so I'm not Doug Demokos...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mine comes up at 7k fine with no clutch with just -1 vortex up front. Without the sprocket I had to be about 8-9k to power it up.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I do need a rear hugger though :(

·
Registered
764 Posts
It was a 93 ZX7R. K&N, Jetting, and Full Muzzy Titanium. It was having some carb issues when I dynoed it. I think it dynoed something like 44TQ and 97HP. It did have some good low end though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey biz..when you get a chance let us know about what rpms you at when you are around 80-90 mph. I'm dying to know cause I was thinking about doing that mod. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its hard to tell cause the sprockets throw your seedometer wrong but it say like 6.5/7 when i am at 80 3rd gear..

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your 07 zx6r could always wheelie.
if you've ben ridding a while you willknow that early 90's kawasakis had alot of lowend power especialy the zx6and7 were very snappy in 1st and second gear w/a pipe & jet kit this 07 zx6 cant compare to them w/low end power top is a differentstory though..

·
Registered
764 Posts
Get a speedohealer save your odometer. Very easy to install. Btw yes the 93 ZX7R was very nice in 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
104 Posts
intermission, u mind sharing how you went about doing that math to calculate those numbers? kinda curious..
All you do is figure out your sprocket ratio compared to the new one and apply it to your rpms at whatever speed you want to figure it out for. It's not exact, but it gives you an idea.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts