Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my theory test today
well chuffed lol didnt have to do anything like that for my car test all those years ago lol

so all i need to do now is bike lessons,then final test
while im doing that need to source a front end for my bike and by the looks of it im better going for new as they selling for stupid money

iv got a 2000 zx6r j1 if anyone has a headlight nad front fairing lieing around lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers m8
only bikes iv had before are motocross ones so its a bit different to them lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
way to go....your almost there.....stay safe....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the support guys
got my lessons on the 18th then test on the 25th
but iv still got to finish building the bike back up to standard spec so unsure when that`ll be(once they appear cheap in ebay lol)

but will let you all know when im on the roads

once again thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just remember to do your head checks (life saver) and stay relaxed, sounds easy but if your relaxed its over before you know it. I did mine 18months ago, and i havnt looked back, boy i hope you pass, biking = freedom.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good luck....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry to hear that one m8
yeah i was bricking it for the u turn but the guys taught me really well.

best thing to do is if u can find a quite road somewhere and practice
maybe get a mate to take a bike for you to do it.
best of luck for next time mate.

how did you muck it up??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well done mikeyh, ill be honest im not looking forward to it, i start my direct access on the 16th.

Very similar to you and got off-road experiance only.

The U-turn and thery test are my biggest worrys too.

My thery is on Thursday at 8:30am!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just read the thread, am really nervous!!! I have my theory test on Thursday and haven`t even picked up a Highway Code yet. Have driven a car for nearly 20 years but I guess things have changed.:dowhat

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just read the thread, am really nervous!!! I have my theory test on Thursday and haven`t even picked up a Highway Code yet. Have driven a car for nearly 20 years but I guess things have changed.:dowhat
:rotfl GOOD LUCK MATE! In a recent survey only 5% of car drivers knew their road signs and ignored the ones they didn't know.............................that explains alot then!
May i suggest you get your head buried into a copy of the highway code...NOW!

Seriously though, good luck!

P.S. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR AVATAR PICTURE FROM? It's HOT!

·
Registered
166 Posts
i bought driving test pc sofware wored a treat, most of the questions i reconised identically from the software.

I practiced on computer 2 nights for about a hour or so each time, i drive about 35/40k a year for work so im not too bad.

Im sure your aware the theroy just changed from 35 to 50 questions and a longer hazzard preception exam, oh and went up some £ too.

Anything unsure off just ask us, were better than one head anyway.

There are crappy mok thery tests online too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first post on this site...W00t!

But getting back to the thread, i have not long started a DA course, i had originally a licience back in the 80's but forgot to send it off (was RN at the time more important things to worry about) got married and not rode again for 23yrs.... I know sacrilige!

But anyway to cut a long story short, doing the DA course after i'd already taken a CBT and passed the theory!

Theory software is good, i was worried about the Hazard Perception so i practiced this for about 2 hours for 2 nights (i got a cancellation and was doing it within 3 days of making an application). But once you became aware of what they were actually looking for it was easy (as a car driver for the other 23 years!) the software helped pinpoint where the hazards were scoring and in the real test i got 57 out of 75, so well over the pass mark and one i zero'd cos i saw the hazard way to early and pressed too many times. If you think the HP test is made for people who have never ridden or drove before you'll understand it. The actual highway code was a doddle!

As for the DA course its great, i'm really glad i decided to come back into riding again, the good feelings and fears are still there in good measure to make me want to ensure i pass, YES U turns are still a real bind, but getting there and cant wait to pass (test 24th at 1330) so i'm putting in the time so i can jump on my 1996 ZX6r and enjoy the freedom without an instructor giving me earache!..;)

So 2 days of instruction left 21st and 23rd and then the test wish me luck!

·
Registered
900 Posts
All the best for the tests, the more the merrier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts