Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, been a member for a few months now but never had anything interesting to say til now.

So I had my first crash on my bike today. I was getting on the interstate earlier and due to cold tires I lowsided on the ramp. I was going about 25 or 30 mph thru the turn and about halfway thru the bike just laid down and slid off down a hill into grass wile I did a couple cartwheels til I landed on my feet. Luckily most of the damage is cosmetic besides my front brake fluid reservoir was destroyed and my brand new shorty brake lever snapped off. As for me, I got a little road rash on my arm and back but nothing major at all(My pride took the biggest hit). To add insult to injury I was on my way to a friend's house to grab one of his extra jackets, but I think the worst part of it all was that my fiance was in the car in front of me and seen the whole thing. She was freaking out, shaking and almost crying wile I'm just looking at my bike thinking about what parts I need to order first. All in all I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the cash(besides if it didn't happen at all). I'll post some pics in the moring when I get home from work and I'll keep updating the progress of the bike as I get her back together. She's most likely going to be a streetfighter til I can get the funds to buy new fairings.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash, wish you a speedy recovery, and yes we all know that feeling when you're more concern about the bike's condition, rather than the cuts and bruises you have on your body.

Hopefully it won't cost much or take long to get your bike fixed and good to go riding out again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I appreciate it. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a brake fluid res, put my old lever back on, and strip her down and be back on the road. Hopefully...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You really need to look at those tires while you are in repair mode.... 25-30 mph, unless it's a weird hairpin curve, is not reasonable at all. Other than the tires, I would revisit the scene and look at the road surface, etc. Glad you are ok, and hopefully you will not have any more slide-outs.

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Glad to hear you are relatively ok! Cold tire slides suck but as others mentioned, please make sure that there is nothing actually wrong with them. That seems unusual for it to happen like that unless you were really grabbing a handful of throttle.

Let me know when you decide to get new levers, I can probably hook you up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a really steep turn, but it was also one of the coldest days we've had so far and I didn't account for that so i have nothing to blame but myself, but it probably had it's roll in the whole thing. As for my tires, they aren't the newest but they atil have a good amount of tread on them but I do plan on replacing them in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
wow. I hope I'm in such good spirits during my first fall. I wouldn't probably cursed like a trucker and then shat a brick. lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,321 Posts
Really glad you are (relatively) ok

Did the front drop or the rear?

Ey3

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quality of rubber is worth more than the amount of tread.

Pavement..... An acquired taste..:coocoo

Glad ur ok. If you have not read some books on throttle control... Smooth is fast, and it could very likely have been a jerky throttle response, too much lean angle, road grit or debre, thinking about your girl instead of the road, ect.

The good news is your OK!

eBay and time......

·
Super Moderator
13,321 Posts
Upload your pics to photobucket then use the copy image link and paste it in the forum.
Or click go advanced and then manage attachments.

Ey3

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear all that man.. hope she has a speedy recovery!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Every crash is a lesson. Learn from it so its not a complete waste.

Glad you're ok though. Please be safe out there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts