Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm Erick from Indiana. I just bought a fixer-upper '05 zx6r yesterday for $2,100. I was wanting to get custom fairings for whatever bike I would end up buying (unless the bike looked killer already) so the mismatch and scratched fairings didn't bother me much. only real thing that needs fixed is the tranny (everything works fine except it slips out of second once i'm over 5k). That's the annoying part. Luckily I'll have a lot of weekends to get it fixed up over the winter. So after some research before finalizing the deal I have come to understand that i will most likely need to replace the shift forks, drum, and possibly gears due to worn dogs. I have found some good deals on the forks and drum, but the few listings I was keeping my eye on for good used gear sets have sold >_< I love the bike so far, it sounds amazing! It has a carbon fiber yoshi RS5. I came across this bike after selling my 06 sv650s. I also surprised my girlfriend with a starter bike ('98 suzuki savage ls 650) since she has been showing more interest in riding by herself rather than ALWAYS hopping on the back with me. I don't mean to ask a bunch of favors from you guys since I JUST joined, but if any of you could point me in the right direction for good used tranny parts (particularly complete gear sets) it would be MUCH appreciated.

With all that being said, I'm looking forward to joining the zx6r.com crowd :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts