Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just bought an 05 zx636r. Gorgeous bike. I've got a question. I know this is gonna sound stupid to a lot of people but I have previously only owned older bikes. There is no petrol gauge but I cant find a fuel tap, can somebody please tell me where the fuel tap is or how I know if I have enough to get to a garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Nice bike. The previous owner has done some mods to it I see. The bike automatically goes onto reserve so you don't need to use a fuel tap. The fuel light will come on in the gauge. At that stage you'll have about 15-20km to get your arse to a petrol station. I get from 190-240km out of a tank though so I just usually fill up when it ticks over 200. Enjoy the bike. You've made a good buy! How much did you get it for btw?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The low fuel light comes on when you have about 2 litres left in the tank; there is no reserve, so no fuel tap. 2 litres should be enough to get you about 30 miles as long as you don't rag it, but you'll be on fumes by then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I paid $5500 and my "01 factory standard and starting to feel ragged 636. What do you think? Damn nice exhaust system on it, twin two brothers carbon mufflers (that is what you call them in this country isn't it?)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Looks very nice, I really like the blue/silver look:thumbup

and yep, no fuel tap, its fuel injected and runs a high-pressure (~50psi I think) fuel pump like a modern cage.

·
Registered
311 Posts
fast color :bs

add on a NinJa6ZoNe sticker n you'll be getting another 10hp... lol

~yea buddy a gas gage would weigh down these bikes to much, so your best bet is to reset your trip meter everytime u fill up like Quarkz said~ Enjoy

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice bike man...

Gotta love those Two Brothers pipes... :hail

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It now sports a pillion seat (but only when my wife is with me) and pegs. Spoils the look a bit but when I rolled up to home and had to answer the question "So where do I sit?" I nearly ended up with a black eye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts