Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 636 with Two Bros slip on and exhaust servo box removed.

My question is this. I just ordered a "servo buddy" that another member on this forum owns and plan to install it today.

If I were to do the jumper mod, in addition to unlocking the Euro mapping and freeing up a couple of ponies up top, would it also have the added benefit of turning off the FI light?

If I can do the jumper mod and gain HP AND turn off the light, I have no need for the servo buddy and will return it. If I need the servo buddy in addition to the jumper mod to turn off the light and keep it off, I will perform both mods.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yup. did my jumper mod first and light was still on- and then I ordered a servo buddy

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Oddly enough (or not) when I went to do the jumper mod tonight I found that the previous owner ha already done it. Since my FI light was on, this was all the proof I needed that this little trick would not turn off the light.

Plugged in the servo buddy and started the bike and the light was off. Went for a spirited ride and it remained off. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A+++++++++++ good job

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks guys. Oddly enough (or not) when I went to do the jumper mod tonight I found that the previous owner ha already done it. Since my FI light was on, this was all the proof I needed that this little trick would not turn off the light.

Plugged in the servo buddy and started the bike and the light was off. Went for a spirited ride and it remained off. Very satisfied.
If the exhaust valve assemply was already removed that's why your light was on. The servo buddy tricks the system by putting the correct resistors in and looping it back around to trick the computer into thinking it's still there. I did the jumper mod on my friends 06 a long time ago and he never had a light come on.

I waited to take the exhaust valve assembly out of my 08 until I got the servo buddy just so I wouldn't have to look at my light flashing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts