Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish winter would come back , as i live in the Middle East , the weather is way too hot to ride, you boil up riding in this weather .. Sometimes i do take it out but i come back sweating from head to toe and it isn't a fun ride at all.. :thumbdown:

Feel my pain people:pirate

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
yea i wouldnt be complaining if i were you lol

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
13" of snow just got dropped on us on Wednesday into Thursday. I'll trade ya
Exactly, fricking whiners about too hot, hell we still have snow on the ground and sub freezing temps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I'm not going to be to offensive like the others but at least you get to go for nightly rides when the sun is down, I'd rather have that then snow and 20 degree temps where its just not possible to ride but all pain is the same when a rider can't get on his bike I understand you

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
When I was in Saudi I had to work out on the flight-line at a new airport being built in the middle of the desert. My first day it was 128 degrees under the shade of the wing of my airplane. The only way I could stay cool was to wear long sleeve shirts and wear a wet rag on my head and pour water on my shirt. If I rode there I would probably do the same and the water evaporation on the bike should make things "fairly" cool. But I would imagine a full face helmet would be torture. I'd soak it in ice water before going on a ride. :) You're right though. When I was stationed in Vegas I remember the faster I rode the hotter it got. It was like a blast furnace with the heat coming off the desert roads.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I wish winter would come back , as i live in the Middle East , the weather is way too hot to ride, you boil up riding in this weather .. Sometimes i do take it out but i come back sweating from head to toe and it isn't a fun ride at all.. :thumbdown:

Feel my pain people:pirate
I live in Az and ride every day. Suck it up and ride on, soldier.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
When I was in Saudi I had to work out on the flight-line at a new airport being built in the middle of the desert. My first day it was 128 degrees under the shade of the wing of my airplane. The only way I could stay cool was to wear long sleeve shirts and wear a wet rag on my head and pour water on my shirt. If I rode there I would probably do the same and the water evaporation on the bike should make things "fairly" cool. But I would imagine a full face helmet would be torture. I'd soak it in ice water before going on a ride. :) You're right though. When I was stationed in Vegas I remember the faster I rode the hotter it got. It was like a blast furnace with the heat coming off the desert roads.
lol Saudi isn't all that intolerable. I did my time there too and it's hot but by and large unless you're in Daharan (spelling?) or another coastal city it's hot but isn't gonna kill anyone.

I spent most of my 6 months there digging sand and building bunkers wearing full BDU's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some tips

I live in Az and ride every day. Suck it up and ride on, soldier.
Woot for another rider who feels the burn!

I'm a Vegas native we randomly went up to 96 the other day, 115+ is the norm come summer time. Get the A*s MX cooling vest or the Bilt cooling vest, (I prefer the A*s form fit over the awkward Bilt vest but it does work too) in conjunction with the heat-out crew neck. Submerge vest in water throw it on over the crew neck and I'm good for at least an hour or more if I have water bottles on me. This is just my preferred combination over the many cooling techniques out there. Think about picking up a water pack too, I know there's plenty out there. Staying hydrated is huge while riding in ridiculously high temps!

I ride everyday fuck weather conditions just pick up your balls and gear accordingly OP!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts