Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to work on the Zx6R last week before I broke my collar bone, but unfortunately it's going to be in the same state now until late February.

I got some tools to run compression & leakdown test for Xmas. I have a throttle body sync tool as well, but gotta wait for the bone to heal before I do so ( and my bike needs a sync BAD). Also pulled all the fluids and am waiting to get everything back together to fill her up.

The clutch I pulled out is the stock one, so 30,000 miles on it roughly. I have a new EBC clutch pack coming in the mail that I'll be installing along with the other items above.

Itching real bad for spring to get her back out and break in the fresh tune up and goodies

Oh, and thank god for this heater I picked up this holiday season! It makes me wanna sleep in the garage ha!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Was just gonna say something about a heater. Thats a sweet one you have, I'd be way more adament about working in the garage with that..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was just gonna say something about a heater. Thats a sweet one you have, I'd be way more adament about working in the garage with that..
I start sweating in about 10 minutes lol, that's how fast it'll heat up the garage. And that's in 0 degree weather

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I start sweating in about 10 minutes lol, that's how fast it'll heat up the garage. And that's in 0 degree weather
I need the details on this heater then!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Heal up quick bud. Looks like you've got plenty of goodies to keep you busy through the winter.

I have a question though. Does pumping hot air into your cold garage cause condensation to form on things?? I only ask because it has happened to me in the past and I've had to deal with some rust issues.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heal up quick bud. Looks like you've got plenty of goodies to keep you busy through the winter.

I have a question though. Does pumping hot air into your cold garage cause condensation to form on things?? I only ask because it has happened to me in the past and I've had to deal with some rust issues.
Nope, I don't heat it constantly to the point where the walls or other dense materials warm up. Once I'm warm I shut it off and then usually start it back up about 30-45 min later. Works pretty well.
I need the details on this heater then!!!
Look for Dyna-Glo. That's who makes it, it doesn't list a model # on it though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the model number, it's on the bottom right of the box in the pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts