Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Italian Fashion for Ladies - Custom Leathers

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Brandon35 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there Girls (and guys reading in hope to see some Catwoman leather outfit),

I've just pulled the trigger on my first custom, measure-to-fit, leather 1pc suit!

I've been researching off the rack suits and dozens of custom made suit brands.

Wanted to get the Arlen Ness Lady Mag but they don't sell/produce them anymore until Arlen Ness releases a new collection.

Wasn't happy with ANY other woman specific 1pc suit. They had bad reviews compared to the Lady Mag, still were more a tube than fit our curves (i'm not just a 5'4 short stick) and offered less protection than any other entry level men 1pc suit but for the price of $800-1200.

No Axo Talon, Spidi Lizzard Wind Pro, A* Anouke, A* Julie or Held Kylie...was getting my attention. I've tried a few of those mentioned. Maybe the tall and slim/flat women can make those fit but I want a 1pc that won't have diaper butt or too long legs.
*rantoff*

I've always looked at custom made since the chances were high that it was the only true investment worth it in terms of fit and safety features.

LHM
Comet
AGV
Heroic
Mizma
Spartan
Dainese

and finally I went with Gimoto!!! italian company who have a very modern website and produce everything in house. No pakistan factory taking over the suit fabrication for saving costs. I felt comfortable giving them $1700 and knowing it's a true italian suit with great quality cow or kangaroo (price differs only $100, I still went with cow for durability).

They have distributors all over the world. I ordered with Motostrano.
Gimoto - Custom Motorcycle Leathers Made in Italy, by Gimoto for Motostrano

Motostrano says they can order off the rack but the prices only reflect the custom made suit.

Gimoto shows the base price for off the rack when clicking on the picture.
Gimoto Suit Designs
ANY of their suit designs will fit men and women except for the kids versions if done custom.
If you ever get bored just play with their suit personalization tool. I did 10 of their designs and finally was happy with the Viper.

Gimoto Suit Generator

Some of the designs you can actually do the different coloured legs like Rossi and Lorenzo have.

My suit will take around 7-8wks to get made and delivered. Shipping is only $16 from motostrano to the NY border.

I hope I could inspire some of you who are in the same pinch as me or willing to spend more (or even the same depending on the company) to get one of the italian master pieces.
They've been around for quite some time.
Gimoto Story

Here some Q&A from an Australian distributor http://ozmotorcycleleathers.com/faq.php

KTM and leather suit manufacturer GIMOTO announce partnership!
More wins for Gimoto Riders | The Bike Insurer
Gimoto Stripes 'On Measure' Suit Review | Netrider - connecting riders!

See less See more
#2 ·
wooo....Scott at Lion Heart Moto woulda got you out the door with brazillian cowhide or Kangaroo for less.

Nice suit though. I like the front to back schema

did you see mine from LHM?

#6 ·
wooo....Scott at Lion Heart Moto woulda got you out the door with brazillian cowhide or Kangaroo for less.

Nice suit though. I like the front to back schema
I've seen yours the day after you put it online! Followed you since the design outlines.

I find the white all along the back down to the leg will make me look taller even tho I'd have liked some more red on the back but this is as close to perfect as it gets for me.

I was dealing with Scott way back in Oct. I wanted the "Bold" design from them but couldn't spend the money on gear back then.
In the New year it was too late to order from the old collection and I have seen a few suits (my riding buddies/amateur racers) coming from the area LHM gets theirs made too and I didn't wanna spend my money on that. Just didn't like the new collection and prices.

That's a nice looking suit, but just curious what made you choose Gimoto over the other custom suit manufacturers?

I feel you on the not finding a suit that fits off the rack. I'm a weird combination of two different sizes such that neither fits very well. So custom sized was the obvious way to go for me as well. I just ordered a suit from Lionheart Moto during their St. Patrick's day sale and got a great price. Just waiting on my back protector to come in to finish up taking my measurements.
I chose Gimoto because they made it very easy and creative to chose between so many great designs to play colour schemes through and have videos to each and every of the 18 measurements. Plus the biggest factor, it's made in italy. AGV does that too but within the same price range (or more) and with more of a process of getting there.

I fit in some of the Arlen Ness suits and maybe a Spidi or Axo but I just wasn't happy with the features they offered plus I have no chance of trying them on before ordering, then having to worry about return and exchange.

#3 ·
That's a nice looking suit, but just curious what made you choose Gimoto over the other custom suit manufacturers?

I feel you on the not finding a suit that fits off the rack. I'm a weird combination of two different sizes such that neither fits very well. So custom sized was the obvious way to go for me as well. I just ordered a suit from Lionheart Moto during their St. Patrick's day sale and got a great price. Just waiting on my back protector to come in to finish up taking my measurements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.