Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to relocate my plate... Does this look real bad? Is it legal?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like swingarm mounts for plates, but not horizontal like that. Unfortunately here in FL license plates have to be mounted with the letters horizontal to the ground. I dunno about the laws there. It varies from state to state.

Why do you have to relocate the plate?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Yuck! Always remind me of the old classic bikes with the plate there,,,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like swingarm mounts for plates, but not horizontal like that. Unfortunately here in FL license plates have to be mounted with the letters horizontal to the ground. I dunno about the laws there. It varies from state to state.

Why do you have to relocate the plate?
I need to fit the plate and a new tail light in there to work with that exhaust.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Drill some holes under your tail and mount some "L" brackets there to hold you plate. Then you can drill another hole after you've placed it to wire a light to illuminate your plate. Tidy and legal. At least in Texas it is.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Looks pretty ugly, plus if you hit some decent corners you may end up scrapping your plated.

As suggested mount it under the seat with L brackets and light.

I mounted mine under my seat, haven't rigged up the light yet but no issues so far, passed several cops.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
:lol:
hideous

·
Registered
818 Posts
looks like a wannabe hog. mind where you drill under the tail section, some plonkers have drilled through ECU's and stuff.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also thought it was kinda dumb looking but its tight under there for everything. How much clearance do you think I have between my tail, anything I have hanging from my tail and the tire? Essentially how far down to you think I can mount things?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts