Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some special edition red rims from 2006 for example and others from 2008. Is there a difference in color between the red rims from different years or did they use the same color ? I have a front rim from a 06 and I'm getting a rear from a 2008 both in red and I'm just wondering if they will match or at least be close that you don't notice unless you look very closely?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The red wheels on the 06 aren't really red. They have a sort of maroon/purplish hue to them that is very understated when the wheels are perfectly clean (as in spotless) but as road grime or dust and dirt accumulate the maroon/purple shows through more. The 08 ones don't have this slightly purple hue to them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The red wheels on the 06 aren't really red. They have a sort of maroon/purplish hue to them that is very understated when the wheels are perfectly clean (as in spotless) but as road grime or dust and dirt accumulate the maroon/purple shows through more. The 08 ones don't have this slightly purple hue to them.
Okay, thanks, so.... will it look really off having one from each year range?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Okay, thanks, so.... will it look really off having one from each year range?
It'll be noticeable because the rims on the 08 were a true red, like a blood red, while the rims on the 06 have a noticeable purplish hue to them which becomes more and more pronounced the dirtier the rim gets

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'll be noticeable because the rims on the 08 were a true red, like a blood red, while the rims on the 06 have a noticeable purplish hue to them which becomes more and more pronounced the dirtier the rim gets
ahh well, better then one black and one red ( what is currently on the bike), plus this way i will have one extra rim towards my wet set. thanks for your reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts