Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2009 ZX6R with 14k miles on it. I took it for a 5 minute ride and parked it for 10 minutes. When I tried to restart it, it turned over then just clicked. I pop started it to get home. At red lights the gauge cluster would go blank and it would run rough unless I gave it some throttle.
So I made it back home, checked the battery and it was at 11.3vdc. Charged it overnight and retested. The battery is at 12.75vdc and starts the bike. With the engine running at idle and reved to about 6-7k rpms I’m getting about 12.34vdc.
New AGM battery.

The bike has HIDs on it. I read online that HIDs will cause stators to burn up over time.

My question is, what brand LED bulbs should I purchase so I can convert back to normal output for the headlights? Also what model bulbs do I need?

thank you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your Bike is fitted with:-
Low Beam 12V 55W H11
High Beam 12V 65W H9

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered a beamtech LED headlight kit on amazon. Should work well. Good reviews and a fair price. 8000 lumins, 50w…

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yep that's good, It's surface Insensitive so it will tolerate some oil residue which is always a Bonus..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I checked my regulator rectifier and I’m getting bad readings on the ground side of it I think anyways I tested the new one and it’s within spec. Gonna replace the stator too.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Defiantly over done, send it back and tell the chief to redo it.

Good you are chunking the HIDs in the bin along with that stator. I really like LEDs but have heard the stator stories. My current bike has OEM LEDs which are nice but wonder how you fix a bad LED when the bike is 10 years old and parts are hard to find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts