Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s up guys I have a 2015 ZX 6R that I’ve had since brand new in 2014 Just about at the 10,000 mile mark long story short I eat shit on Thursday ripping some local back roads here in Pa Lost the front end on gravel or something and low sided. I was wondering if anybody could snap a couple pictures of their bike I’m looking for a couple comparison photos to see how far that frame arm is bent off the block thanks chase

Random bench at tow yard I’m not a high school student…..

And please people always wear your helmets somewhere in the 50 mile an hour range when I went down second gear high RPMs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
At first glance it looks like the bike probably did better than you….
[QUOTE
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

mostly unscathed haha two broken ribs and a punctured lung I had boots and gloves on also but it was like 90° and humid as hell on Thursday here in Pennsylvania so I didn’t have a jacket on like an idiot

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Not saying anything you aren’t going to hear or are already thinking….. play stupid games, win stupid prizes B^)

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Looks to me like the slider bent which may mean your frame is okay…. Won’t know until you take it apart.

·
Registered
681 Posts
WOW, glad you are OK! Be careful with the ribs and lung and best wishes and fast healing to you. You are young and will heal quicker than most but know you have been thru some pain and still have some pain! I will refrain from posting a link to any funny videos as you dont want to laugh with the broken ribs. AGAT I say, I shattered a kneecap and got a concussion that screwed my head up for months or years on a scooter at 15mph. Scooter helmet worn too high did me no good after i clipped a rock wall with the right bar and got the right side of my body. Don't do track but on the street rock a Dianese airbag vest under a textile and mesh jacket, overpants with knee and hip armor, boots, gloves and a full face helmet. Last June rode the last 3 hours of a 500 mile day in 105F temperatures - it was hot but kept the gear on. Thanks for posting, your story and pics may save someone else from your mistake or worse.

A serious question for you, know you know better now but would have a $700 airbag vest been worth not having broken ribs? There is the discomfort (medical term :) ) and then the financial cost. Know it has cost something for ER, doc and medical stuff.

In June I was in Vernal Utah and a family was camped next to me, the wife was telling me she was glad to see me wearing all the gear. They passed a fella who had gone down and was OK but lots of scrapes and they had been telling their kids about the importance of wearing gear.

I'm with @RJ2112 in the bike looks to be in good shape. I traded mine for a sport touring bike 3 years ago but still hang out here as it's one of the best forums around with lots of great folks. Otherwise I would got look at it and see - loved that bike a 2014 ZX6R 636 ABS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not saying anything you aren’t going to hear or are already thinking….. play stupid games, win stupid prizes B^)
it is what it is you make choices and you have to live with them I made a dumb one and now my arms and legs are gonna be fucked up for a couple weeks dumb decision on my behalf definitely

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
WOW, glad you are OK! Be careful with the ribs and lung and best wishes and fast healing to you. You are young and will heal quicker than most but know you have been thru some pain and still have some pain! I will refrain from posting a link to any funny videos as you dont want to laugh with the broken ribs. AGAT I say, I shattered a kneecap and got a concussion that screwed my head up for months or years on a scooter at 15mph. Scooter helmet worn too high did me no good after i clipped a rock wall with the right bar and got the right side of my body. Don't do track but on the street rock a Dianese airbag vest under a textile and mesh jacket, overpants with knee and hip armor, boots, gloves and a full face helmet. Last June rode the last 3 hours of a 500 mile day in 105F temperatures - it was hot but kept the gear on. Thanks for posting, your story and pics may save someone else from your mistake or worse.

A serious question for you, know you know better now but would have a $700 airbag vest been worth not having broken ribs? There is the discomfort (medical term :) ) and then the financial cost. Know it has cost something for ER, doc and medical stuff.

In June I was in Vernal Utah and a family was camped next to me, the wife was telling me she was glad to see me wearing all the gear. They passed a fella who had gone down and was OK but lots of scrapes and they had been telling their kids about the importance of wearing gear.

I'm with @RJ2112 in the bike looks to be in good shape. I traded mine for a sport touring bike 3 years ago but still hang out here as it's one of the best forums around with lots of great folks. Otherwise I would got look at it and see - loved that bike a 2014 ZX6R 636 ABS.
I’m doing OK I’ve broken ribs before so it’s not that bad the lung thing is kind of weird I think an airbag jacket definitely would’ve prevented the broken ribs. I have an alpinestar Carver Jacket that would’ve saved my arms and definitely helped with the ribs but I’ve never been a big fan of the airbag jackets I know I would just forget to unhook all the time and I was really close to the bike for most of the damage that i got so I’m not sure it even would’ve set off the jacket if it was an airbag one. Thankfully I’ve got health insurance coverage but I only had liability again mistakes were made. I had full coverage for almost 4 years but it just got too expensive.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
it is what it is you make choices and you have to live with them I made a dumb one and now my arms and legs are gonna be fucked up for a couple weeks dumb decision on my behalf definitely
The best gear in the world does you no good hanging in the closet.

I've crashed into a muddy ditch, and broken three ribs as well as separating my shoulder.... The dumb decision on my part that night was running faster than in could safely go .... Over ran my headlights. Collapsed my lung on that side as well, but I managed to gasp long enough to get it reinflated. The even dumber part was deciding to ride about 20 miles home, before going to the hospital.

No road rash that time....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The best gear in the world does you no good hanging in the closet.

I've crashed into a muddy ditch, and broken three ribs as well as separating my shoulder.... The dumb decision on my part that night was running faster than in could safely go .... Over ran my headlights. Collapsed my lung on that side as well, but I managed to gasp long enough to get it reinflated. The even dumber part was deciding to ride about 20 miles home, before going to the hospital.

No road rash that time....
That’s pretty crazy you ended up riding home I took a ride in the ambulance my tow bill was $700 Took what little air I had left out of my lungs when I heard that

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
The right side engine mounts are adjustable- to push the entire engine over to the left side engine mounts which are fixed....

looking at your picture it looks like you go lucky with that bolt simply bending over and not breaking off or casuing other damages......

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The right side engine mounts are adjustable- to push the entire engine over to the left side engine mounts which are fixed....

looking at your picture it looks like you go lucky with that bolt simply bending over and not breaking off or casuing other damages......
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
So how are you doing? Trying to sleep with cracked ribs is no fun, and the pain meds do interesting things to digestion…. A week into healing, should be showing some improvements. Are you getting around okay at this point?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how are you doing? Trying to sleep with cracked ribs is no fun, and the pain meds do interesting things to digestion…. A week into healing, should be showing some improvements. Are you getting around okay at this point?
I’m doing pretty good I’ve broken ribs before definitely nowhere close to the worst pain I’ve experienced so I can handle it pretty easily and I don’t take any of the pain pills so I’m not really having any issues my ribs finally stop clicking when I’m breathing in the last couple days

·
Registered
267 Posts
OUCH...

I think your frame is fine...but I would check the inside of the frame are...it looks like the paint is chipped on the inside..might be partial shearing

your bike looks like its is good shape over all though.

check your forks, might be a lil twisted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts