Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 636 with 22,000 miles on the clocks, the bike has had new plugs, new air filter, and is always ran on Shell V-power fuel.

The problem i have is every now and again when i put the throttle back and start gaining speed, in the rev range at about 10,000 revs i all of a sudden get a power cut off, like the engine stops or as if it has slipped out of gear for a split second, throws me forwards, then carries on running fine! :O

it usually does this while i am wheelieing and its not nice all of a sudden loosing power at 10,0clock :rant

other than this the bike runs like a dream, to me it sounds ignition related but does anybody know what this could be?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Well it is either ignition or loss of fuel pressure. Diagnosing things like this are always a bitch.

Verify fuel is constant...is there enough in the tank? If it only occurs when at 10 o'clock you may start there.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Also worth checking the sidestand switch. I recently read a similar thread and that was the culprit. It might be worth jumping the switch and then going for a quick spin to see if it's cured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts