Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Light Werkes intergrated taillight, everything installed but when i connect the turn signals they dont work. Do I need to splice them to factory connector? Dont want to uninstall and reinstall factory like.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
This seems very very basic but are you sure you didn't blow a fuse accidentally by touching the wrong wires?

·
Registered
146 Posts
not to thread jack.. i literally just did this install and i was just about to post up a similar issue but w my brake light. only works when the ignition is turned to "P". wonder if that would still mean a fuse issue.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
not to thread jack.. i literally just did this install and i was just about to post up a similar issue but w my brake light. only works when the ignition is turned to "P". wonder if that would still mean a fuse issue.
On my past and present bikes, the tail light wont turn on until the bike is on. Could that be your problem?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Do you have a multimeter so that you can test wires? Make sure you have SOLID connections.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do you have a multimeter so that you can test wires? Make sure you have SOLID connections.
no i dont have one. im assuming theyre connected as good as the turn signals which do work. forgot to mention that the license plate light is doing the same

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
no i dont have one. im assuming theyre connected as good as the turn signals which do work. forgot to mention that the license plate light is doing the same
Humor me, re-read the instructions and make sure you've hit the right wires.

Have you checked for blown fuses?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Humor me, re-read the instructions and make sure you've hit the right wires.

Have you checked for blown fuses?
i did wire them incorrectly the first time around :coocoo. turned it on saw the signals were inverted. turned it off. tried again and had the issue the brake/license plate.

i wanna fix this shit but i ran outta daylight. im gonna give it a go tomorrow :no:

·
Registered
146 Posts
seriously noob answer right here..... dont know what a blown fuse looks like lol. i did compare them to the others in the box and all looked the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I dont think Ive blown a fuse. Im going to try and take it somewhere to get tested. My brake lights works fine. Everything except turn signals when I pluged them in. Maybe when I plugged them in. It was the wrong one or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts