Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
it cant be true only idiots ride harleys..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think some one hates us?

Well i cant say much about the harleys, my dad owns two of them. and yes we might see some high rates coming our way. I do have to say that the story had some reason, do what is in your comfort zone. exc. exc... yada yada.. but the story kinda sounds like they are trying to say that all sport bikers ride like dumb asses. Does any one else fell that way... the whole artical is nothing but numbers on how the sportbike world is getting more and more dangerous. I bet the chick that wrote that dosent even ride. And the artical dose not get the number of people that have been hit on bikes... or hit but drunk driversm people on cell phones, chicks putting on make up... i think this story is out to make us look bad?...

·
Registered
900 Posts
It could have been a good non-biased article, but it wasn't, the general press anywhere in the world seem to be anti-bike and especially Sportbikes.

Have to pick-up on this bit tho', quote - "Supersport bikes are designed as racing bikes and are then modified for highway use -- hence the emphasis on speed"

What a load of $hite, Supersports bikes mimic and are made to enable the factories to manufacture racebikes. Apart from GSXR cup and other one make series (and even these allow certain tweeks) the vast majority of Sportsbikes are modified for track use.

Ill informed and prejudiced reporting has a very detrimental effect on the publics perception, any of you LA based guys want to go around to the LA Times and register you're contempt?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
:hail Rick

Discussion

Comment on this article

1. I've NEVER seen a motorcycle kill anyone. I HAVE seen tons of STUPID riders and/or automobile drivers make bad decisions that result in their deaths or the deaths of others. I've ridden for over 20 years and started out on a "Rice Rocket", no accidents and I obviously ain't dead yet. I will admit to going more than slightly over the speed limit at times, like more than double, but under controlled circumstances, not in a canyon above Malibu on the wrong side of the road. The worst thing that can happen is not an idiot taking himself out, but that moron taking out an innocent person as well.
Submitted by: rick cramer
7:22 PM PDT, Sep 11, 2007

1 - 12 of 12 Posts