Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know how i ever rode without them!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but i will do a write up anyways it only took ten minutes!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Nice. I love my shorties. I cant live without them either. They give such good feedback and feel fantastic. Looks great h20-50!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
can any one tell me whats so good about shorties? i want to get some pazzo but i was thinkin of gettin the regular size ones, so why does everyone get shorties?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me it feels like you get more response for them. For example on the stock levers when you break, the farther out on the lever you pull the stronger the brakes right? You get more leverage, well these are short ,and a normal pull on the stock levers are about in the middle, on these they pull is on or near the end so you get the full leverage all the time everytime!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
To me it feels like you get more response for them. For example on the stock levers when you break, the farther out on the lever you pull the stronger the brakes right? You get more leverage, well these are short ,and a normal pull on the stock levers are about in the middle, on these they pull is on or near the end so you get the full leverage all the time everytime!
errr...not sure about the phsyics on that. longer levers means greater mechanical advantage. You'll apply greater pressure, but pull a greater distance. The reverse being true of shorties. I know some folks that like the shorties because they use a one finger pull, and its easier with them :O

but what do i know, i was a social sciences major :laugh

-:banana

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look at the bend on them it's supposed to be the equivalent of stock length. I know it feels like my front brake is a lot stronger, the clutch feels smother and more responsive. But as far as the bend goes thats what i read, but it feels to be true.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i think they do that so the lever is the same distance from the bar for being closer to the pivot point. Which means if you're moving the lever the same distance as you normally would, you would be applying more braking force to the rotors, thus the stronger braking feel.

-:banana

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i am looking forward to get a stronger brake feel cuz the stock feels a bit light to the point that the lever is about to touch the handle bars when i brake hard

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
errr...not sure about the phsyics on that. longer levers means greater mechanical advantage. .........
You're right, as long as you're pulling on the lever the same distance from the pivot.

Greater mechanical advantage, braking force, clutch force is the further from the pivot point you're pulling on the lever. With a longer lever you can pull further from the pivot and apply more force, the trade off is further travel.

Pulling a lever 2" from the pivot is the same no matter what length the lever is. (as long as the pivot is in the same position and is not adjustable etc).

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
how many fingers can you fit on the clutch and how many fingers does it to pull the clutch in?
I can fit my whole hand on my shorties but I have a puny hand. Although it took me a while to learn to shuffle my hand over a bit to get them all on. It hurt my pinkie for a few weeks before I got used to them but now it's all good and I cant imagine using the stocks ones!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'll never ride without them and a stabalizer, but that's just me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought them used and got them shipped for 120usd. I can fit a good four fingers on it, but because of the new position and ease of pull i really only need one finger for each lever. Generally to brake I use one (depending on my O-Shit reflex :eek2: ) and for clutch I always use two fingers. They feel better and more responsive over stock shifter and not to mention look 10 times better!

·
Registered
93 Posts
First mod I did to my bike was cut the stock levers 1/2 off til I got my Pazzos.

There is no mechanical difference(besides the 6 way adjustable clutch length). It is all rider comfort. I have always used 1 or 2 fingers which makes shorties a must.

If you use more than 2 fingers I would recommend standard length or you will feel very uncomfortable until you get used to using 2 fingers:O

1 - 20 of 27 Posts