Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the old style juice box with no maps. There are no local dynos so my main goal here is not toasting my motor (my pipe was turning brown at inlet and the carbon fiber at outlet yellow. Its freshly packed too).

Anyhow, I followed the instructions. The instructions didnt say anything about the plugs going in a certain order... that disturbed me. If they don't go in an order then state that! I hooked up a secondry injector as suggested, again it didnt say a specific one though it did specifiy the double black plug of its own.
Bike runs perfectly normal until the secondaries should kick in, then it gurgles and doesnt want to rev any more. Would have to be that double black plug that goes to a random secondary right? What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
get a power commander 5 with auto tune, use one of their maps whatever one is closer to your mods and let auto tune do the work for you.

best advice i can give you

also how far is the closest dyno tune shop to you?

I know its not the response you're looking for

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Why would it only hook into one secondary?... unless it just wants to know when they kick in so it can increase the flow to the primaries to maintain the same amount of fuel increase through the whole rev range...

Does it smell rich when this gurgling happens, black smoke?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I assume so it knows when they kick on. It goes onto all the lowers and a single upper.
Ill have to check if it smells rich. Was night time so only hit it a couple times driving, too late to rev in my car port. Sounds like one of those two stage rev limiters for drag racing when it hits it, minus the backfires (the gurgly not bouncy kind).

Closest dyno is probably 3 hours (Dallas)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Found the problem, one of the damn wires broke right at the plug (for the juicebox one upper injector). I pulled out the pin and soldered the wire to it since it was one of them single use crimpy things. Runs better now, though I could swear there is less top end hit. If its not that plug messing with it then I dunno what it is. I set it to not add any fuel on the top end.
Wonder if I can find somewhere to buy one of these plugs. I would feel better with one that wasnt soldered and forced together.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
So, last time I tuned an 09-12 model with a slip-on I ended up taking fuel out:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to get a better box at some point but doesnt seem worth the gains at the moment. Maybe if I ever buy a header with a bung.
Ive got fuel added for low throttle and mid throttle, none added for wide open. Course I cant remove any though so ill always be missing some horses and I cant fill those rpm specific holes :( .

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Screw it I bought a real box. Juicebox pro for cheap on ebay. Ill make a weekend road trip of a dyno session. I cant get it good with this box. If I set this current one one way I get a strong mid range and it pops a wheelie 2000 rpms earlier than stock and pulls stronger at street rpms, but my top end is blah. I want both! But not possible with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts