Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics from my 40th birthday present from my wife, a Ducati racing Experience at Imola, an amazing track to ride and stunning to look at. It was an awesome day with some top instruction that really helped bring my track riding on, if you have the money and get the chance go to any organised day with decent instructors and your riding will improve immensely.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You have a cool wife! That must have been fun.. Did they let you go as fast as you want or did they make you follow an instructor?

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
awesome pics from you as well as faster. I wonder what happens if you throw a duc down the track.

and...that's one helluva kickstand eh?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Damn. Awesome pics. Bet that was loads of fun. Beautiful looking bikes, too.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ahhhh.... that one of my dreams...really hope some day it will come true.
Nice shoots mate :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In total did about 7 sessions of around 8 laps, we had 1 instructor to 5 riders. First lap out the instructor lead, ensuring tyres were up to temperature. For first two sessions instructor lead at reasonable pace with each rider taking it in turns for a lap to follow right behind the instructor learning correct lines and getting feedback on bike position and what was right/wrong about technique. At the start of the 3rd session followed instructor for 1 lap then riders took it in turn to lead with instructor following lead rider, at end session debriefed again. Throughout the day I got faster and faster, three guys in my group were Russians who had attended every DRE that year and owned their own Duke's/MV's, at start of day they were all way too fast for me, on the last session I was way quicker than one as fast as another and just about keeping on the tail of the fastest. My wife timed my last session and I was 20-25 seconds off WSB for Imola. The last session after the warm up lap we were let loose. There were one or two guys who did bin the bikes, as long as they weren't hurt too bad they got another one!
At the begining of the day they brief you on whats happening and ask about your riding experience, questions went like ... Ever done a track day before - No, ever riden a Ducati before - No, ever riden a V-twin before - no. At which point I was told I would struggle, the guy that told me that was taking the full race class (the one above the one I was on) on the fourth session of the day I blitzed his group, very, very satisfying, you can either ride or you can't, it might take a little time to dial into a bike but you soon get there.

It is a big kickstand, I think after all the troubles with 916 stands they over engineered this one.

And yes she is a top wife:hail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts