Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally put my bike away yesterday :[

i think i did pretty much everything to store it for the winter, does anyone see anything i missed?

took the battery out
cleaned the bike
let some air out the tires
put stabilizer in the tank (which is 3/4 full) and ran it for 5 min
put carboard under the wheels
covered her up

miss anything important?

and someone cheer me up too :[

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
put a blanket over her and kiss good night??

·
Registered
166 Posts
empty the fuel in the engine and ensure your anti-freeze ok enough.

Also take out the spark plugs and inject a teaspoon of oil rotating the engine for a second or two after.

Also empty petrol from carbs by runnung dry, ie on my j2 swithing off fuel and letting bike stall or drain screw i have heard of mentioned.

I fill my petrol tank to the maximum possible from a can to avoid rust and when summer comes ill be emptying at least half and filling with new go go juice.

Run engine untill hot and then switch off, put a airtight bag over the can and seal with elastic bands this help condinsation in engine apartenly.

You have done tyres and battery.

If your garage is powered install a heater tube under the bike set to very low/ frost settings.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Plug in PS3
Insert Tourist Trophy
Play

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
do some winter modding to make yourself feel better. or you can set your leg on a concrete pillar and smack your shin with a sledge hammer until it looks horrid and think about how much better your bike looks than your leg.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have a idea i thought about using a heating pad and wrapping it under the headers on the motor to keep her warmed up thought ????/ good ..... bad....

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
So... So... glad I live in warm CA
i know what you mean....i'm in the Bay right now...I see tons of bikes out....i'm just jealous of those bastards :banghead

-:banana

·
Registered
992 Posts
i feel your pain i keep mine in my garage full tank fuel stabilizer and on stands i start her every 2 weeks to keep up w/the battery cant wait for april

·
Registered
166 Posts
I see my motorcyle everyday. She's in my kitchen
thats sweet.

My next door builds hammerheads, once build he will show them and collect all the prize money to part fund the next one. Keeping the show bike in the livingroom then sells it when the new build temp engine is replaced with the new engine bought from the sale of the show bike. Been doing it for years and makes a good £ outta his garden workshop hobbie.

Dam you guys in warm countrys, TRY SCOTLAND???

·
Registered
156 Posts
I see my motorcyle everyday. She's in my kitchen
Hmm, a buddy's R1 burned his house down. He turned on a heater while working in his garage, apparently, the R1 had a gas leak, next thing you know flames all over the bike.

Yeah, keep it in the kitchen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check this out. My guy has a 2006 Ninja 636 and he needs a headlight and bracket along with the front fearing. Do you know of anyone that has those parts and would like to sell them? We are in Chicago IL. I have a 1988 Suzuki Katana, fixed up like a 2000. What can I do to keep it in good condition for the winter? This is my 2nd year with it. Please reply.

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
ahhh i wasted time winterized my bike twice aready this season.. just got home from a ride.. if the roads are clean and the temps are in the 40s i'll ride! fck it im leaving her in my garage with a full tank thats it.

^+1 with the monster[green=]] n a girlie

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I've been riding still but just put it away because my mom took and hid my keys and would not give them back until I winterized it

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my bike will be ok if I don't empty the tank. I put some stabilizer in the tank. Is that cool? Do you know anyone that have those parts I mentioned?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts