Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I want to molest it!

Looks a bit untidy in some areas but that only adds to the appeal. Very nice.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's hot. looks like the used a Ducati tail.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
looks ok to me aswell

·
Registered
397 Posts
so, was it originally a 2000 and they redid it as a retro or whats the deal. It does look sweet though

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looking at the frame at first I didn't think it was a pre J1 (pre 2000 {single headlight}), but comparing photos, frame and engine appear to be the same and the tank looks like it has had some shaping work done on it, nice work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If i recall this bike is actually a zzr style zx6-r. I think it's a 2000 model year. The front fairings are of a 05-06 zx6-r and the tail is of a Ducati 999. The reason it looks so short is that is not carrying the boom box style 999 exhaust muffler which stick like 5 inches past the end of the tail. It it mounted on a custom converted 999 subframe. The whole front end (brakes, forks, triple trees), wheels and swingarm (not 100% about the swingarm) are from an 04-05 zx10-r. The single sided headlight is a custom unit that was made for an R1 and was converted to fit on the zx6-r bodywork. It aslo has the tail lights off of an 03-04 R6.

That's all I remember really except that the engine has been worked on to a degree.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts