Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know, i'll meet in greet, in cage or on bike no matter but being how i am i like to get a sense of who i'm cruising with before actually goin for rides.. say what you want, im sure i'll get a laugh out of it, but i guess to me its like im not gonna go super-saiyan-spirited riding with someone unless i kinda know how they are. in my head, it alleviates ppl from goin too crazy trying to show off they can ride hard or something i guess.

anyone else like this, even self-analytically subconscious of this?

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
As some may know, i'll meet in greet, in cage or on bike no matter but being how i am i like to get a sense of who i'm cruising with before actually goin for rides.. say what you want, im sure i'll get a laugh out of it, but i guess to me its like im not gonna go super-saiyan-spirited riding with someone unless i kinda know how they are. in my head, it alleviates ppl from goin too crazy trying to show off they can ride hard or something i guess.

I see your point. Anyone that has ridden with me knows I keep to the back.
I have this stupid mental block of me crashing. I am trying to overcome that.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I know I dont want to deal with the shit of others, which is why I am very picky about who I ride with, and I dont mind explaining how Im going to ride before we leave. If you dont like it, peace out.

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup. i generally keep to the back too. mostly because if i wreck on my accord, so be it... i screwed up somewhere and probably did something dumb, etc. but i want to avoid being the cause of a wreck to whomever im riding around. and of course skill levels vary... you may think someone's a good rider until you take a substantially fast/hard turn with them in close proximity and realize they simply turned out of habit, not because they saw a "line" of travel... or even knows what lines in turns are lol

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm the same, hang near back and observe. I'll tolerate minor antics but if I starts getting out of control I just keep dropping back until I can turn away.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts

oh yeah always.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

Not so much. In my experience personality doesn't so much coincide with riding ability.

Like there's a guy I know that's always been super chill and quiet when we're all standing around. But on Sunday's ride he ran with us in the lead group... I was shocked.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I just like to meet people and ride. If they ride like a douche (hasn't happened so far) then I'll just leave the group. Simple enough.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Same here. If they fit the sportbike stereotype, I tend to just go home, or ride alone.
Yeah what exactly are you saying?

The stereotype cager's & most of the rest of the public have of us?

Or the way we see ourselfs ???

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yeah I don't really like to ride with people I don't know. Now that I'm getting a little bit more confident as to what my skill level is I will. But as stated above I've got no problem just letting them pull away and ride at my own pace. Stay alive longer I think.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Yeah I don't really like to ride with people I don't know. Now that I'm getting a little bit more confident as to what my skill level is I will. But as stated above I've got no problem just letting them pull away and ride at my own pace. Stay alive longer I think.
That was me in 2012. Rode with a guy twice that humbled me each time. Rode with him again once in 2013 and pulled away from him coming down the mountain. Haven't ridden with him since.

·
Registered
598 Posts
.............ahhh...........and then there was [email protected] that, I ride at my own speed and now completely by myself. It is costing me a ton to put my poor ninja back together. I am NOT doing this again. Ride at a SAFE speed because even if you have great skills, you can't predict what's around the next blind corner. Fooolishness, complete and utter fucking foolishness and I am guilty of it. It's not worth it folks, slow the fuck down. I feel like posting my recent checking account statement because it is costing me big to piece by bike back together.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same here. If they fit the sportbike stereotype, I tend to just go home, or ride alone.
Yeah i get what youre saying... Same thing as me. I was only asking because, as a thrill seeker myself i know that the second someone takes the ride a little too far im either gonna wana challenge it (i blame the adrenaline) or decide to calm down and sliw it down. This brings me to the point of personality coinciding with how they ride... I know the easy going guys that charge hard reaponsibility as well as the guys that talk big and when it comes time to put up or shit up theyre either slow as shit or push it too hard, overstepping their limits for the "cool" factor.

Btw, i just got laid.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
.............ahhh...........and then there was [email protected] that, I ride at my own speed and now completely by myself. It is costing me a ton to put my poor ninja back together. I am NOT doing this again. Ride at a SAFE speed because even if you have great skills, you can't predict what's around the next blind corner. Fooolishness, complete and utter fucking foolishness and I am guilty of it. It's not worth it folks, slow the fuck down. I feel like posting my recent checking account statement because it is costing me big to piece by bike back together.
We each ride our own ride each and every time we swing a leg over.... whether we do it in a group, or not.

EACH of us is solely responsible for the outcome of the ride we are on. This is why I do not ride in groups. Once you get above about 5 riders a herd mentality sets in, and someone feels the need to outdo someone else.

You'll find me at the back, where I can watch that sh*t unfold. The stupider it gets, the further back I will be. Just not worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts