Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Which fairings would you put your hard-earned doll-hairs towards??

• Hotbodies- $375 shipped (actually has 2013 set)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Sharkskinz- $1000+ shipped (actually has 2013 set)

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Armor Bodies- $1000+ shipped (would have to run 09-12 body)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Attack- Not sure on pricing (09-12 body as well)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Theres another way and I will share with you my infinite wisdom!

Votes: 2 4.9%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the fence here, looking for advice.

Seems like the hotbodies stuff is hit or miss. however me and another member are thinking about going in halfsies on the BOGO free deal which equals out to less than $400 for a full race fairing set.

To me, I have a long, boring winter without riding.. so I have plenty of time to make some cheap ass fairings work (every other set out there is twice the price I will be paying for the hotbodies without shipping).

My bike will be serving track only duty at least until after my first couple track days.. (im on the fence about riding street anymore)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Interested to see what people have to say about this. I'm also toying with the idea of grabbing some race fairings next season if I'm able to get out to the track more often like I want to.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hotbodies - Heard nothing but negative things about them and while I wouldn't rule them out entirely, I would hesitate to go that route even if I was getting the 50% off discount by going halfsies with someone else. My preference is for Armour Bodies or Sharkskinz. They're equally as good from what I've seen/heard/read.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I've crashed the shit outta my Armor Bodies and it is A-ok. I also paid $650 shipped from Riders Discount. $1000....lol.

If you want track only, sale your bike and pick up a cheaper 09+. Same shit and you won't be as mad when the shit hits pavement.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sharkskins is holding up really well looks fucken awsome as well.. You should ask evil cupcake about his how there holding up.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've crashed the shit outta my Armor Bodies and it is A-ok. I also paid $650 shipped from Riders Discount. $1000....lol.

If you want track only, sale your bike and pick up a cheaper 09+. Same shit and you won't be as mad when the shit hits pavement.
Im currently trying to figure out a more permanent solution for a track bike.. it will be a while before something like that happens tho

I will look into riders discount, however I dont know how I feel about running the 09-12 bodywork

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sharkskins is holding up really well looks fucken awsome as well.. You should ask evil cupcake about his how there holding up.
I would really like to hear what evil cupcake has to say considering he was running hotbodies bodywork initially (i think?)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Im currently trying to figure out a more permanent solution for a track bike.. it will be a while before something like that happens tho

I will look into riders discount, however I dont know how I feel about running the 09-12 bodywork
It works and you can't see it while riding.... Who cares, FB? lol..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

You want my 09.

It's mo fasta :yes

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It works and you can't see it while riding.... Who cares, FB? lol..
I care, cuz I bought a damn 13 :rant :laugh

who knows.. if the price is right I may look like the rest of you common folk who dont owe money on your bikes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've had several different brands of fiber glass & I'll tell right now ...go with AB or sharks. They are light, flexible, Oem drill points, paints well & most importantly crashes well. Hotbodies & the like will be hit or miss. Will they work? Sure but it can get frustrating when it comes to fitment. Theyre supposed to be easier & faster to put on & off but if the fitment is off it'll be the complete opposite. Asides from AB or sharks, the others are stiff & heavy & when crashed, they pretty much shatter & explode. Spend your money upfront & you'll be happier In The long run.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts