Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

IAM's great idea

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  bod 
#1 ·
#2 ·
we have them here in some places and they do more harm than good.

#4 ·
They suck!!
We have them on most of our motorways here in NZ and yep that guy surely did get sliced in two.
Campaign going at the moment to get rid of them as plenty of riders are taking themselves out ...seems $$$ worth more than lives.

#6 ·
Typical shitty britain....nowt gud bout it anymore.its run by a bunch of money grabbing twats.no care for someones life anymore,long as their safe and got there money. this governments crap......:rant:rant:rant

#7 ·
This is soooo wrong. :banghead When are we going to get some inteligent people on the government :coocoo

No doubt one or two inocent riders will cop it followed by a huge artical in MCN, only for it to blow over and the usual sweet FA done about it:rant

Why do we put up with this crap?

If you put something like that in a work enviroment, health and safety would close the place down! :O:coocoo

There, I feel a bit better now......... just :dowhat

(You can't educate Pork!)

#8 ·
labour, lib dems & cons all piss in the same pot and rip you off.
Green twats want us all using pony and carts or walk (end of us and our bikes)
The BNP are stuck in a time warp and we'd have consentration camps.

Were fucked!!

Lets all move to America they don't give a fuck.

#9 ·
What a shit idea, do they have no common sense? F**K me the government are idiots, its just stupid!!! Bloody stupid, and it will be bloody if they get the go ahead!

#11 ·
Well spank my ass and call me charlie! This really is a daft idea isnt it... But lets face it, our government wont send money on improving the quality of our roads.... where is the money for this coming from? Hold on.... forget I just said that, they'll just increase road tax and dump some more fuel tax our already over priced fuel.

This country really does suck doesnt it..... Fucking shitty arse governments and there stupid money grabbing ways. BASTARDS!

#12 ·
I must be the only bike rider alive that doesn't have a problem with wire ropes :dunno

It's around here, and it's supposed to stop vehicles from being able to head-on where once there was nothing to stop an out of control vehicle crossing into the on-coming lanes.

If I've lost control on my bike bad enough that I'm going to hit the cheese cutter, what difference does it make if it's wire rope or armco railing? (or even a concrete barrier like closer to the city) :dunno

#13 ·
OMG, if they fit them on rural roads in Britain I will surely have to emigrate.

Chances are that Ken Livingstone will manage to get them fitted to all roads in Britain, he's always involved somewhere in a hair brained scheme.

They look lethal, your certainly not going to survive a tangle with them are you?

#14 ·
Steve, I don't know about there, but here they frequently put them alongside roadways where absent the cheese grater if you went off the road you'd have quite a bit of grass field to bounce along in usually followed by a bunch of brush. So chances of survival without major injury in the event of a crash would be pretty good, but add in tightly strung steel wires and chances are pretty slim.

#15 ·
Believe me, brain dead politicians are not unique to Britain! We've had cheese cutters installed along the middle our 2 major Freeways here in West Oz to separate traffic from railway lines. No problems with them yet as far as I'm aware...but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before few of us Aussies become Swiss!!!

#16 ·
Just been reading motorcycle news,looks like IAM may be backtracking there decision over the use of the wire rope barriers.there in talks with government,so with any look may not get them.:coocoo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.