Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story I've been riding for a year now and just bought a 2007 zx6 with 23000 miles as I can tell its all stock but I want to up grade more torque more speed and over all better performance the bike runs great I just want to grow as I learn to ride (I'm not Ritch) I service and work on my bike myself and am looking for advice as to where I should start my upgrades and if you can give me s little back story as to why,how,and what else I need to do now that I got that on my bike? Thanks for the time!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
hey man congrats on the 07 zx6r!! i have the same bike with the same amount of miles actually lol. a couple things with our year models is that engine wise they are smaller than the previous 03-04, 05-06 and future 09-12, 13-up so a couple things i plan and know will help is a full system exhaust because it will cut weight and add some hp. but with a full system you will need to buy a bazzaz or a power commander that will help to add a couple more hp. i would do a -1+2 sprocket change because the low end torque on our bikes isnt the best and the sprocket change will help! those are just a couple things

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Norcalmob - It's hard to read when you don't include periods between your sentences. Felix was right... a sprocket change would be the cheapest/quickest way to find jesus.

jimundascores

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
+1 on going to the track and learning how fast your bike really is stock and how with a year riding you are nowhere near maxing her out and don't need any speed upgrades.

The lesson every rider learns the first time they get smoked by a skilled rider on a 250 cc bike at the track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike came with a Akrapovič exhausts, and a power commander 3. what dose that mean -1+2 adding or Takeuchi away teeth?

·
Banned
7,068 Posts
The bike came with a Akrapovič exhausts, and a power commander 3. what dose that mean -1+2 adding or Takeuchi away teeth?
-1+2 == drop one tooth count on the front sprocket and add two to the rear.

It will make lower rpms a bit more grunty and drop top end to ~155mph.

However the best way to make your bike FASTR is to train the monkey at the controls.

I can personally vouch for cornerspeed and cornerspin, but any performance riding school will do the trick.

Also full gear and twist of the wrist.

Ey3

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Agreed with everyone above that your bike is probably plenty fast enough and, most likely, you aren't maxing it out. I would say, however, that changing the gearing is still not a bad thing to do.

-1+2 == drop one tooth count on the front sprocket and add two to the rear.
I love how you wrote that :sigh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts