Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear a size medium rf1100 or something sorry it’s about 8 years old I can’t remember what model it is. Why does it seem like the x14 runs tighter in size ???

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Different model helmets in the same mfg line will fit different head shapes while being the same overall size. Always better to test fit, and exchange or return a helmet which does not fit properly.

Having said that, a new helmet will fit more snugly than a old helmet. The padding inside is not permanently compressed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The X14 is also a race specific helmet which naturally fits tighter than any of the RF series which are sport helmets

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's a start..... have you figured out if you are an oval, long oval or whatever other head shape mfg build for?
Yep, I had a dealer retire and close shop last year selling Arai helmets at 50% off unfortunately non of the mediums available fit my head shape. Size is the ball park, shape is the strike zone!

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Yep, I had a dealer retire and close shop last year selling Arai helmets at 50% off unfortunately non of the mediums available fit my head shape. Size is the ball park, shape is the strike zone!
that's a good analogy. I may end up borrowing that one at some point.

·
Director of Moderation
7,524 Posts
I've never had an RF1100, but I have an X14 and it's the best helmet I've had out of the 6 I've bought in the last 10 years. I'm not sure how the X14 compares to the RF1100 as far as shape, but if you're comparing a brand new helmet to your used one, the new one will always feel tighter even if it's the same size. They take a while to break in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What question of your original post hasn't been answered? New race helmets fit tighter than Old clapped out helmets. does it fit you? Try it on!! Only one person can answer that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts