Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of vlogging a lot of my riding and trying my skills at editing this summer. While trying to come up with a playlist name "#crotchrocketadventures" came to mind... Not the best of names but at least people remember it. Hopefully as time goes by I'll be able to create better footage and my editing skills will get better. Comments are welcome, if you have a good tip for video editing I gladly will listen.

Edit: Took the video down, not entertaining, pissed people off...

·
Registered
891 Posts
I say go for it. But crotchrocket should b a derogatory word. I just don't like it. I mean I don't see myself saying to one of my kids friends parents ask " So our little Johnny said you ride , what kind of motorcycle do you have or ride. " Me " I ride a crotchrocket. "Lol

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
To think that there's people out there that watch that shit and find it the least bit entertaining makes me want to donkey punch a baby.

But, good luck with your channel!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say go for it. But crotchrocket should b a derogatory word. I just don't like it. I mean I don't see myself saying to one of my kids friends parents ask " So our little Johnny said you ride , what kind of motorcycle do you have or ride. " Me " I ride a crotchrocket. "Lol
Thanks for the feed back, note taken.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To think that there's people out there that watch that shit and find it the least bit entertaining makes me want to donkey punch a baby.

But, good luck with your channel!
Well as the most popular motovloggers are american apperantly you dont know your fellow biker too well mister negative ;)

3 of them plus 1 canadian together has 1,651,654 million regular subscribers.
The Canadian Snowcat has 553.000+ subscribers - he lives from the income of the views - so maybe you should go donkey punch several babies..... or.... OR just maybe.... lighten up? Just a suggestion!

·
Administrator
13,338 Posts
I was thinking of vlogging a lot of my riding and trying my skills at editing this summer. While trying to come up with a playlist name "#crotchrocketadventures" came to mind... Not the best of names but at least people remember it. Hopefully as time goes by I'll be able to create better footage and my editing skills will get better. Comments are welcome, if you have a good tip for video editing I gladly will listen.

Edit: Took the video down, not entertaining, pissed people off...
I actually like these as a general statement. Some things I like to see (and dislike) :

Camera angles. Put cameras everywhere. Your ride that you film is a production event, not chilling on your bike. Even some shots which are "boring" seeming can play for 3-5 seconds if there is something interesting about those 3-5 seconds. A soloshot at the apex of a sweet corner with one or two static cams looks sweet.

Make a story board. You want my attention for more than 30 seconds you have to tell me a story. Is there something you wish to speak about? Script that shit out. It doesn't have to be word for word, but a bullet point list at least.

Audio. I'm watching a motovlog. I do want to hear the bike. However, if voice is to be included either use a high quality mic in a place sheltered from wind, or... Dub dat shiznit. If going the dubing route, a high quality mic, some kind of sound isolation solution, and a compressor really show. The audio needs to be mixed, and well edited to be smooth.

Unless you edit video for a living... Pay an editor. The girl I've used was about $20/hour and it was about 5 hours per min of video. The videos I made I took an accuracy by volume approach. I filmed my rides to and from work, and made it a goal to get lost frequently. 3 cameras at the highest resolution my cameras would shoot for 1.5 hours twice per day means 45 hours of shit to wade through to turn out a 3 min video.

This may be obvious, but don't break laws while filming. People have been prosecuted. LEOs have internet too after all.

Wear gear or don't... But nothing good comes from not...

Storage. Remember that 45 hours of footage per week? Get used to buying 1TB usb3.0 external drives. A label maker also goes a long way here. There may be a shot you get which has no place in this weeks video, but in six months you will remember it because it would be perfect. If you keep notes and you know that clip is 23.5 min into file xx_yy_zz on drive abcd you just saved yourself hours of searching.

Best of luck, and please post your vids.

Ey3

Reactions: Rickyyp

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Eye gave you a lot of good tips.

I'd say, skip the rocket, go with #crotchadventures, then you can have more flexibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts