Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems most every morning...way before the crack of dawn...I find myself jumping on the interweb and scouring the Bay Area Craigslist for Motorcycle-Superstore gems that I might need...or that "Score of the Century" ... And I realized all of my bikes and most OEM parts I have found on Craigslist! Yes, sadly, there is also a dark side to Craigslist trading, but you just have to be 'aware'....if it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't! I just scored this little gem in the city yesterday after finding it on a Craigslist ad...a guy "cleaning out his garage". :)

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mis-print

That was supposed to say Craigslist gems...not Motorcycle-Superstore gems....
Stupid Smartphone

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Nice score..

I've not had a lot of luck with Craigslist, flakes would be putting it mildly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are good deals that come along here every now and then. Most of what I see on CL here are people trying to sell their shit but seem to think its made of gold. Like an 01 F4i for 4500 bucks because it has a slip on, double bubble and comes with a helmet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most of craigslist is super scammy in my area.
Also lots of overpriced bikes with no flex in the prices whatsoever.
Plenty of guys that have dropped their bikes and looking to get all their money back.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I too love Craigslist. I bought my current 09 track zx6r last year on CL for $1500. I bought my 03 yz250 for $1000. Some time people think they are scamming you and you come out with a gem. The guy who sold me my yz250 didnt know why it wouldnt start. I had the feeling it was the carb and when I got home i was able to verify and came out with a win. My current sv650, i bought it for $600 with a blown engine then bought another one i found like a day later for $500, that was wrecked. Swapped out the parts until I had a perfect bike then went to sell the the one with a blown engine and now damaged body... I bought a xv1600 there for $1000, which had a clogged idle jet. rode it for a while and sold it for $3300... I'm a big CL fan, you just need to be in it and have an eye for the wins...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Try Offerup.com

Similar to Craigslist and I've not been disappointed.
Also Facebook has a sale section. The good AND bad is you can get notifications of a new post which might be a gem or a yard gnome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts