Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before you get all bent out of shape I'll tell you why I hate the united way. A friend of Mine was killed when the driver of the bike she was on crashed. He was drunk and she was not wearing a helmet. Of course speed was a problem.My friend died from head trama and the driver wound up paralyzed. He some how got away with it. My friend died and this Dirt bag lives. Then the united was bought this price of trash murderer a dang van! For real? Then the newspaper praises this man as a hero. I hate you united way.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Sorry for your loss, most of us have lost someone and can empathize with your pain.

I personally believe your friend is probably in a better place,

As far as the person who hit her....well i have been behind behind the wheel drunk as well as a lot of us on here and could of easily killed somebody. You are entitled to think that that makes us dirt bags but that is not the case but rather your opinion.

Resentments only hurt you as they have no effect on the person you have the resentment towards whatsoever.

Hate only hurts you.......... God bless

·
Registered
232 Posts
united way? what?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The united way is a chritble foundation. They bought this drunk bike driver van even though he killed someone. If he kills a chld with this van will he get house. I do hte thi peron He got awy with murder and got a van. Idid not mean to insult you my brother. You did not kill anyone and thn laugh. Then continue to driv drunk. Yeh this guy was later arrested for drunk driving again.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
drunk drivers deserve to lose their licenses on first offense.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
That's why I don't give my money to "charitable organizations" - I don't know who the money is going to. I'd much rather start a fund for a specific person. That way I know all the proceeds are going to help someone who deserves it.

Sorry to hear about your friend man...

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I haven't got a freaking clue what the OP has said in either of his posts...

Someone translate for me please?

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I haven't got a freaking clue what the OP has said in either of his posts...

Someone translate for me please?
His friend was on the back of a bike without a helmet ridden by a drunk idiot who crashed and his friend died. Guy who lived is paralyzed... Charity bought this guy (Who basically killed this girl) a new van. OP doesn't like that charity. The United Way is a charity in the U.S. that helps people who need it. Though they don't always give money to those that deserve it. In this case... they gave it to a douchbag who killed someone because he was an idiot.

That sum it up?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Got it now! Thanks PG.

I hate the united way!

Seriously though, how on Earth can any "charity" justify this sort of thing?

It's like giving a murderer a gun ffs!

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I dunno man... stinks like shit to me! Like I stated above... I don't give my money to ANY charity I can't see where my funds are going. I'd rather give to those who need it directly.

United way for the most part is a good organization. But this asshole probably just had to fill out some paperwork to get the van bought for him. My guess is that he didn't tell anyone that he was drunk and killed the girl on the back of his bike when he asked for the money for the van (or the van itself). Probably just put... "paralyzed in motorcycle accident."

Sad isn't it?

Hey OP... let's go egg this van... pull the valve stems out of the tires... and shit on all the door handles! haha

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i only donate to the wounded warrior foundation or the fischer house foundation i have seen those 2 help several of my friends and their families when they were wounded in iraq and afghanistan

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I lost a friend more or less the same way, but in this instance the owner/rider dickhead killed himself aswell.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. Just really chaps my ass. I'm sure the united way does alot of good things for deserving people. But this mistake struck home ya know. What if this idiot crashes this van into a bus of school children? Dipshits gonna buy him a house? I know my friend isn't in the clear. Granted she got on the bike in the first place and didn't wear a lid. Atleast she didn't die in vain. I always wear a lid and her heart was transplanted to an older gentleman who now has a life. She was a wonderful person and I know she's happy with. R.I.P Kristen.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I know my friend isn't in the clear. Granted she got on the bike in the first place and didn't wear a lid.
Not trying to be ugly, but I'm glad that you have realized that you friend is as much at fault as the driver. We have to make better choices. A split second decision can make you a millionaire, or cut your life short (as seen in this tragic example). You must learn to forgive (that doesn't mean forget) others for their mistakes. I am sorry for your loss as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
donate to veterans... there are TONS of guys out there who are unemployed, injured, homeless... all these "charaties" for Tsunami Relief in Japan, Hunger aid in Somalia is for the birds.. take care of our own first. Its sad and all but we have people starving and homeless in our own backyards man...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts