Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

I got air!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  faster7575 
#1 ·
i was out riding in the country crusing at 130-140km when i saw a raised rail road track i didint know it was raised cause there was no sign so i didint slow down.i hit it and the bike went silent all i could hear was wind noise, i was flying!it was an amazing feeling.probly got around a foot of air and flew for around 20-25 feet.then i touched ground again and all the noise returned.anyone else gotten air at that speed or faster on their ninja?

#2 ·
One time I was showin off, with my buddy on the back ridin bitch and we approached this hill and I gunned it just as we hit it...... The bike went vertical and we got about 2-3 feet off the ground and floated there for what seemd like whole minute but couldnt of been more than couple seconds........ When we stopped my boy was like "dude your F'n crazy im never ridin with you again" ...........

EAsy way to keep friends from wantin a ride huh ;)

#3 ·
i wanna fly

#5 ·
Wouldn't there be more noise? Your tyre would spin a hell of a lot more and the revs would suddenly jump wouldn't they?

Anyways. Had that a few times but it definitely wasn't feet! Only piddly little inches. Would be an awesome sensation I bet. Like the air they get during the TT Isle of Man. Nuts!

#6 ·
wheres bikepilot at when you need him

#9 ·
I used to do that with my first bike when I was younger..

It was on a road that looked a bit like a table top.. only issue with that is that I had to cruise around at 180kph to jump there, that and the railroad afterwards..

When I realised how fast I was going with my old 1988 motorcycle, I kinda stopped doing that. although it was mad fun :D

#11 ·
If you roll up to a speed bump and slip the clutch as you go over.. you can jump about a foot.

Also On 16th st in Sacramento just before it turns into HW 160 there is a hill you can totally get air on.. Last time I did it I thought My bike was going to blow up it revved so high! I have seen many people crash doing that however! There is a stop light just after you land and if you don't know how to break very well your screwed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.