Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone!

let me start from the beginning, last aug I crashed my 06 ZX6R. over the winter I have been buying parts and replacing absolutely everything. it cost way more than the bike is worth to replace everything in OEM parts. every piece of plastic, gas tank, everything on the right side basically.

anyways I fixed this thing to 100% even put a new exhaust and PCV on it. only to find out later that my engine burns oil :banghead. it wasn't burning very bad but it was definitely the start of a very serious and expensive problem. when I got the confirmation of the oil burning, words cannot express how pissed I was. I was so mad I literally walked out of the service center and into the show room, and said "give me a fucking bike".

so i'm sitting on a brand new 2015 ZX6R, the 30th anniversary edition. I like it. I proceed to test the salesman on the standard questions. ABS? TRC? Options? im looking 2 bikes over and then I see this Triumph...its black...
I go over to it and sit on it. it felt good, the seat was a little higher, but I kinda liked it. it was so thin. it was so light. ABS standard you say? they'll throw in all the options, quickshifter, comfort seat, upgraded brake rezys, carbon fiber parts included from the 675R version, all installed for free? it was a good deal for sure. so I bought it. i know this bike isn't a kawi, but i feel at home here. i also posted this yesterday on the Triumph forums, not even a response...

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I love the way the Triumph looks and feels. I look to see what used ones are available around me every so often. I'd for sure have one.

By the way, very nice example you have thee.

·
Registered
972 Posts
i know this bike isn't a kawi, but i feel at home here. i also posted this yesterday on the Triumph forums, not even a response...
Switched from Kawi to Triumph, goes to the Triumph forums first to show off new bike...gets no love and comes back to Kawi forum? I say we draw and quarter this guy:2fingerlol:

J/K, nice looking bike, hope you enjoy it as it is a beauty. Hopefully the clutch is as feathery soft as the Kawis and other Japanese SS not to mention most of the 675 I have seen (owned by friends) have small hiccups when locking up the bike (full turn locking out the wheel and key) but at this level, the differences are negligible and down to taste. Congrats on the purchase man.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Hope you're happy with your choice...did you keep the 06 or did you give it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Beautiful bike, love the design, get the extended warranty if they offer one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Switched from Kawi to Triumph, goes to the Triumph forums first to show off new bike...gets no love and comes back to Kawi forum? I say we draw and quarter this guy:2fingerlol:

J/K, nice looking bike, hope you enjoy it as it is a beauty. Hopefully the clutch is as feathery soft as the Kawis and other Japanese SS not to mention most of the 675 I have seen (owned by friends) have small hiccups when locking up the bike (full turn locking out the wheel and key) but at this level, the differences are negligible and down to taste. Congrats on the purchase man.
haha nice one. yes the clutch way softer than the ZX6R but it engages at the very very end which is weird. also its really funny that you mention that it sticks on the lock position. mine does that shit, and its the only thing on the bike that pisses me off. im starting to get a hang of it though. i will say it rides very different from the kawi. everyone says "smooth, so smooth etc."
i was actually starting to get tired of hearing it. but ya holy fuck its smooth, cant even feel the engine running its insane. definetly has some serious power too.

i kept the 06 :devious

·
Registered
972 Posts
What did it set you back for a brand new 675R?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts