Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so after hearing about AlexZX6R having his bike stolen and all the bike theft rings around here I decided to research some GPS tracking devices. This is the best one I have found for the money:

Tagg-The Pet Tracker Master Kit, White:Amazon:pet Supplies

No, its not intended for bikes but hey... itll get the job done!
Cut the collar off and the device itself is pretty small so u can easily hide it anywhere on the bike. It costs $95 bucks and the first 3 months of service are included. After that its only $8 a month. The device is rechargeable and lasts about a month on a single charge. (Or maybe one of our guys with good electical knowledge can find a way to hardwire it to the bike....Kozaru?? :) You can set a "Safe Zone" perimeter so if the device leaves that zone you will receive a notification on your phone. The program works with your phone or on the computer. Itll also double up as a tracker for those of you who have pets! Anyway...this is the best one Ive found for the money. The reviews are good too so check it out. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
So these GPS devices create a privacy issue? Can anyone use the data collected for example we all know about the listening in to phone calls that was recently in the news thanks to the whistle blower.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Ok...so after hearing about AlexZX6R having his bike stolen and all the bike theft rings around here I decided to research some GPS tracking devices. This is the best one I have found for the money:

Cut the collar off and the device itself is pretty small so u can easily hide it anywhere on the bike. It costs $95 bucks and the first 3 months of service are included. After that its only $8 a month. The device is rechargeable and lasts about a month on a single charge. (Or maybe one of our guys with good electical knowledge can find a way to hardwire it to the bike....Kozaru?? :) You can set a "Safe Zone" perimeter so if the device leaves that zone you will receive a notification on your phone. The program works with your phone or on the computer. Itll also double up as a tracker for those of you who have pets! Anyway...this is the best one Ive found for the money. The reviews are good too so check it out. :)

Wow!! That is awesome. Great find. I will look into this. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Yea been thinking about getting one of these for awhile!

Should not be hard to wire in a charger that gets power when the bike is keyed on that way it will not run the battery dead on the bike!

If anyone is actually watching the movements of the gps like say the company I am sure they will get a few chuckles!

I can picture it now!
GPS dog tracking collar company.

Doug-Hey Bill check this out
Bill- Whats up
Doug-Man this dog gets around
Bill- No joke the dog is going all over town must have Bs all over town
Doug-He moves quick dog catcher must be trying to catch him
Bill-Hope he gets away
Doug- dog just clocked 150mph
Bill- Hey check out the news theres a guy running from the cops on a motorcycle going where ever this dog goes!
Doug-I wonder if the dog rides a motorcycle.
Bill- Stop smoking crack doug no way a dog could ride a motorcycle they do not have opposable thumbs!
Doug- I am just saying this is one fast dog!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Doesn't anyone else seem bothered about uncle Sam having the ability to track your bikes movements? What if they were able to use the information gathered in court. As in they know you are on a street with a speed limit of 60 and they have a record of your bike doing 70?

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I highly doubt theyll be able to figure out youre using a pet tracking GPS device on your bike. Plus almost everyone carries a cell phone with them whenever theyre riding. So if they dont use that against us then I wouldnt worry too much about the pet tracker. If they really really wanted to go the length yes they could do it...but the hassle is just not worth it to them for ur average citizen.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts

"You can set a "Safe Zone" perimeter so if the device leaves that zone you will receive a notification on your phone" ...

GREAT WAY TO KEEP YOUR ROOM MATES FROM STEALING YOUR BONG ...

YOU CAN ATTACH THIS TO A BONG...

RIGHT....

???

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So you register your "pet" with the alarm company and put "Fuzz-Nuts" in the pet name space. You then forget to turn it off and you go for a fast ride. You get home and you have alot of crazy messages about Fuzz-Nuts doing 100 mph all over the area. You then wake up the next morning, only to find that Channel 5, 12, 25 and Fox News is camped out on your front porch for an interview, and a photo-op with Fuzz Nuts, the World's Fastest Dog.
Unfortunately, all you have is a fat lazy cat named Fuzz Nuts, with an attitude... Now you and Fuzz Nuts are weird celebrities, and you are forced to carry Fuzz Nuts with you wherever you go, and have to pay $8 a month just for the company to tell you where you have been all day...
Unless you are ready to ride around with a fat cat stuffed in your jacket, don't forget to turn the device off when you leave for your "ride"...
:scared

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If the government wants to track where I ride my sport bike on public roads go ahead, I'm not out doing contract kills with my bike, and they would never think to track my movements through a dog collar...maybe try to sell me things...haha does you dog need ezpass

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
In Houston they have a lot of transtar cameras so if they really wanted to track people or gather speed they could just from the cameras.

You could wire it up to be able to charge when the bike is keyed on battery last about a month so chances are it will not go dead while the thieves are jacking the bike! But if you left your bike out in the open and did not ride it for a month I would not feel bad if it got stolen.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Adding to a bike violate the TOS? If not why not start a similar commercial service of safe zones like home, work, etc and when bike is in storage mode you know it leaves that proximity. Good example is bike moving with no key engaged and bike ecu has no power... Trigger theft track and police to go to location.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts