Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha :hehe:

I am faced with a serious question? I seriously need some serious help. Although its silly to as on a kawi forum about which bike is better but hey i will ask cause i heard you guys are awsome and no question is a silly question!

Which one is better for street use?

ZX6r with race style handle bars (more stress of the wrists) , slipper clutch and beautiful instrument guage, impressive top end and except Green boring colors..

OR....

CBR600rr with CABS, Electronic Damper, Massive mid range slightly comfy handle bars and an ugly (outdated) instrument guage and nice body work.

I have read hundreds of reviews and it seems like they tell you one bad thing and one good thing so at the end there is no difference. Like they say Honda is the champion on street with its super handling and compact chasis and less stress on the writs and great mid range power but lacking in HP and top end, old and aging body work and no slipper clutch. And on the other hand its ZX6r's showa BPF, monster motor, slipper clutch, great breaks but not as comfortable seat and handle bars.

A poor guy like me cannot decide which way go, I have had a Kawasaki GTO125, Ninja 250r and Honda's CG125 and CF100. I like both brands and since its going to be major step for me, i want to buy some thing that i can be happy with for 5 to 6 years. :headbang:

help me

Now

·
Registered
227 Posts
while it seams the handle bars are a little strenuous on the wrists. the 09 and up is the best in class overall. i just bought mine last month and couldnt be happier

·
Registered
280 Posts
It depends on what kinda riding u do. I have an 09 zx6r and I love it. I don't do track days or any spirited street riding. I just really enjoy being ona bike. I open it up on the highway here and there but that's it. I doubt I would miss the top end speed. But the Honda is hands down more comfortable and more expensive. If u plan on blasting around wherever u go Kawasaki, just like riding, Honda will be more comfortable. Just a little tid bit, the 09 zx6r won the award for best 600 supersport

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
if you want performance, go with the zx6r.

if you want comfort, get a goldwing.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
to be honest, a CBR was my choice of first bike a while back, but when i came across a green 636 for a lot cheaper... it was the way to go!
You'll fall in love the the 6r i know it...

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
:D
:thumbup

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only downsides you listed for the zx6r was a seat that might not be comfy and handle bars that aren't comfy.

Change the seat and get gel grips and your bike is now all positives...

I went up from the ninja 250, after 2 years, to the 2011 zx6r a week ago. I have done 750kms already, and at first yes the seat made my butt sore after about an hour of riding. But the 250 did that when I first started too. The zx6r seat doesn't bother me anymore and I have only had it for 1 WEEK.

My wrists don't bother me anymore either. Turns out, if you don't keep a death grip on the bars, you don't get sore wrists lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was faced with the same question only 1 month ago. I would advise a test drive on both of them for a full hour to see how you feel. Try to cover the different roads types, lots of corners, motorway and town. After an hour on both bikes you should be able to feel any concerns. I personally went for the ZX6R. As soon as I sat on it, it just felt right, the stars aligned and a new ZX6R rider was born.

TBH I dont think I would want to be stuck in traffic too long on any sports bike, thats why cars leave gaps :)

I was looking at a 07-09 on both models.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Hicky's answer takes the win!
Your wrists won't hurt so much if you use your core to support your weight, and a Corbin seat will cure your butt aches. CBR's are good bikes, but NINJA's are better.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would be very surprised if anyone says go for the Honda on this forum. If they did they would be selling their ZX6 for a CBR.

I have always found Honda's to be bland and characterless but always gone for Kwaks and Yamahas. BUT i haven't ridden a Honda for years so they may have changed. The Kwak and Yams make a fantastic induction noise which gives life to them.

You wil soon get used to the bars (if not you can buy aftermarket adjustable bars) and pad out the seat.

Have you ridden them both or just sat on them and read reviews. If you haven't ridden them go for a test on both and try and ride round town and country.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The only downsides you listed for the zx6r was a seat that might not be comfy and handle bars that aren't comfy.

Change the seat and get gel grips and your bike is now all positives...

I went up from the ninja 250, after 2 years, to the 2011 zx6r a week ago. I have done 750kms already, and at first yes the seat made my butt sore after about an hour of riding. But the 250 did that when I first started too. The zx6r seat doesn't bother me anymore and I have only had it for 1 WEEK.

My wrists don't bother me anymore either. Turns out, if you don't keep a death grip on the bars, you don't get sore wrists lol.
I don't have problems with my seat or handlebars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use to own an 08 Honda CBR600RR... sold it to get the 09 ZX6R... Reason? Kawi looks better, and performs better. Isnt that the reason you buy a supersport? Comfort is low on the list. Although other than a softer stock seat on the CBR600RR... you wont find too much difference in comfort between the two.

hahaha... just though of something you can do... go to a dealership and sit on each bike for 10 to 15 minutes... if you cant tell the difference... Buy the ZX

·
Registered
815 Posts
my right wrist hurts but not from bike too much masterbaiting or something but long rides on my bros harley , the ole blaster, or the zx6r def agitate it

1 - 20 of 45 Posts