Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a replacement engine for my 07 and I found a good deal on one that looks to be right, but the guy doesn't know what year its from. I've been searching and it seems like most from 07-11 engine numbers start with zx600pe. It seems like they both use the same case and maybe cams are only difference?? Is there any physical distinction between the two that can easily be used to identify it without opening it up. the engine number is Zx600pe000692 for the one I'm looking at.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Taken the engine code stamped on the case and call Kawasaki. Wam bam, done. They'll even give you the vin to the bike it matches.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
The factory service manual will also list the range of engine VIN numbers for any given year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so I called kawi and they said its an 07, kinda worried about getting another 07 motor with what happened with mine and the other horror stories I've read about them though.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You may want to rewind and bit and re think buying the motor from a guy that has no idea where the motor came from lol !

You definitely might end up with the same problem !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You may want to rewind and bit and re think buying the motor from a guy that has no idea where the motor came from lol !

You definitely might end up with the same problem !
true, but this is a crate engine from kawasaki that was never installed, he bought it to put in a track car and forgot what year it was. It's still in the factory crate. Called kawi and its an 07 engine

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
my zx6r 2017 engine dropped a valve at 500 miles and Kawasaki send me a new engine in a crate with injectors and all.
nope............. No such thing!

I know, I have done a shit ton of warranty work and it doesn't matter how toast the engine is, if it is being recalled or warranty they send individual pieces to an AUTHORIZED KAWI DEALER to do the assembly and install! You have not been able to buy a complete engine from ma kaw since they were assembling bikes in Lincoln Nebraska and even then it was super hard to do sans a catastrophic failure of an engine in the first few miles of the current model year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts