Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you clear the FI light on a 2009 ZX6R? I am getting code 62 (sub throttle servo open or short) that came on after I hit a bump. The bike never and currenlty does not have any problems and runs, idles, starts fine. I checked the sub throttles and they are opening and closing properly and I did all the resisitance and continuity checks called for in the manual and all checks out fine. How can I clear the light? I know on older models there was a procedure in the service manual as to how to do that. In the 09 manual it says to fix the problem and the light will stop but I have no known problems. Any help would be apprciated. I am a aircraft mechanic so I am fairly technical but new to motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Do you have the stock exhaust? If you have an aftermarket exhaust, how did you handle the servo motor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it used and it already had an aftermarket exhaust so I am sorry I can't answer your question. :O

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Pop off the seat and see if you see the motor, empty plugs, or a small little nubbling. Take a photo if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The motor and cable attach is there and cycles when the key is turned to on. No empty plugs or missing items except the cables are gone. Picture as requested.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts