Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
hehe, thats how i roll. stay off my ass!lol. luckily i had straitened out and the tire just spun. about a half second later the oil light came on of course, so i clutched it and coasted to the side of the highway, unfortunatly for me, the mobil1 is only so good and redlining an engine with only a film of oil can't be good. a week later i was riding with my same buddy down the highway after a fun time at the Hustler Club and the motor blew a rod at 130mph while cornering. lucky for me a kid at the dealership where i got the bike had t-boned a car and went through the window leaving me a slightly damaged 6r with a good motor; only $1000. okay okay, sucks about the kid but he was alright. Knock on wood, I haven't been down yet.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
thats a score for 1k... hello stunt bike
sucks to be that kid... i bet he bought a suburban or denali when he sold his bike lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
The whole running synthetic in your engine right from the get go is nothing but an old wives tale .Both the Viper and the Vette come off the assembly line with synthetic installed already and NO problems with break in . All other high end vehicles come with it !!! If it's something you Care about run synthetic after first oil change but you also have to run a good filter as well . I will only use Amsoil 10w40 and an Amsoil synthetic nanofiber filter .

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
It says I need an "oil wrench". What is that?

Also-- are torque wrenches hard to use? I need to go buy one, any suggestions?
you'll probably spend 100 bucks for a torque wrench too btw...it's still worth it if you'll use it

also, get a k&n filter and you dont need an oil wrench. it has a "nut" attached to the unthreaded end of it so you can just use a socket wrench to tighten it...an excellent idea by k&n imo

·
Registered
243 Posts
who here has ridden in snow? hehe, it sucks! I used to ride no matter what, whether it was 17degrees or 107, rain, fog, even snow. Now though I have to wear a suit to work, so i can't ride if it is raining. Saves more gas than driving my Explorer(ford sucks!lol).

I tried a K&N oil filter, didn't much care for them. the nut was helpful when installing, but seemed less than adequate when removing(atleast, considering the price).

what does ninjarr07 mean 'regular' person? What do you mean man?!?! WHAT!!!!?????lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
im trying to get my point across that pretty much everyone rides thier bikes hard... nobody seems to understand.

a regular commuter on a bike would be grandpa on a goldwing....

unless you ride your kawi like a grandpa on a goldwing...

you know... with the exception of that guy on a goldwing in that video thru the twistys... wasnt the camera guy on a sports bike or something and couldnt keep up? i need to find that video now lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
I gottcha. yeah, these bikes are generally ridden hard because it is their nature.

Honestly though, i consider hard riding to be short, slow trips where the engine never really warms up long enough to remove condensation in the motor; or excessive idling, traffic, ect.; or revving the motor just to see the tiny exhaust flame shoot out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i doubt anyone on this fourm uses thier bike for 'regular commuiting'

so pretty much everyone should be changing thier oil sooner than the 3k lol
im gonna do the conventional oil change ever like 1500 and when i go to synthtic ill probbly change it every 2-2500 miles
I ride everyday, my car has been down for a yr, and I also now ride through canyons to get to work. My bike literally is my life. Otherwise I don't get paid haha

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
And then I see this thread is the most EPIC of thread revivals EVAR!!!

too funny... Last post.. 2008. Izzy... how deep into the rabbit hole did you go to dig this thread up? :laugh

·
Registered
958 Posts
I don't change my oil, I recycle it. Every 3000 miles I hire a hooker and take her out to the garage. She strips off her pantie hose and watches me as I drain the oil through her pantie hose to filter out any particulates. I then put the oil back in my bike. It is environmentally friendly AND I'm not lonely while I change my oil. I change my filter about every 3rd hooker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't change my oil, I recycle it. Every 3000 miles I hire a hooker and take her out to the garage. She strips off her pantie hose and watches me as I drain the oil through her pantie hose to filter out any particulates. I then put the oil back in my bike. It is environmentally friendly AND I'm not lonely while I change my oil. I change my filter about every 3rd hooker.
Hahaha I like this guy

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
not sure id use a hookers underwear to catch particles though, do you really want that stuff going into your oil? might want to get the bike tested for std's

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Steve is right, the engine will not break in with Synthetic. As far as when to switch to Synthetic is up for debate. Some engine builders say 1000 miles while others swear 3000 miles. For me I change the oil and filter every 1000 miles. I waited until 5000 miles before switching to Synthetic.
Weird, first thing I did when I bought my new ZX10 is fill it with Synthetic. But I don't break them in anyway, I just run it hard from the start, right to the race track. No problem. :)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts