Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of threads with people asking how to lower their motorcycle. This is the official thread for how not to lower your zx6.

I picked this beauty up on an auction a few days ago. This is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Lowering your bike this far will cause multiple problems including fork alignment problems, a lack of tire/fender clearance, and serious geometry issues. Yea sure, its "dope" and "slammed" and all the hang-around whores on your group ride are going to immediately suck you off in the IHOP parking lot because they LOVE it. But ur gunna die rydin like dis bois. Ur askin fer trouble.

So please, for the love of god, do-not-do-this-shit. :rant

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

Holy crap. Whoever the previous owner was needs to be kicked in the balls.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Details. Looks like the intake and possibly the instrument cluster is sheared off?

·
Director of Moderation
10,032 Posts
Details. Looks like the intake and possibly the instrument cluster is sheared off?
The fork tubes are a slightly smaller diameter about 2-3 inches or so below the top, in the area where it's clamped, so the top triple is tightened all the way and there's still a slight gap (plus at that point it's not perfectly round, but more like an oval). And I imagine it's the same case for the clip-ons too.

Reactions: riverszzr

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The fork tubes are a slightly smaller diameter about 2-3 inches or so below the top, in the area where it's clamped, so the top triple is tightened all the way and there's still a slight gap (plus at that point it's not perfectly round, but more like an oval). And I imagine it's the same case for the clip-ons too.
Ah...I see it now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts