Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since @PainfullySlo had a thread a while back demonstrating good technique in how to launch a bike, I figured I'd post one from this Saturday, depicting the exact opposite. Thankfully, it wasn't me, but I had a VERY good view of it...which unfortunately cost me a lot of time in the race :frown

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^At least that's a 170+ hp bike...this one was a 30-hp bike at best! lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Slightly hilarious because it was on a small bike! But also saddening because it made you start the race at the very back!!!

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slightly hilarious because it was on a small bike! But also saddening because it made you start the race at the very back!!!
Yeah the only 250 on the grid and he looped it lol...the odd thing is he's not a new guy. This was probably at least his 15th race start if not more.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah the only 250 on the grid and he looped it lol...the odd thing is he's not a new guy. This was probably at least his 15th race start if not more.
I hope you found him in the paddock called him a scrub then he gave you a beer and said sorry. Then you became best friends.

Hope that happened at least lol

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Wow...that takes talent on a 250 but then again, that thing is sprung so soft I am not surprised that he looped it with his weight on it. That rear squatted like 4" as soon as he sat on it.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Awesome lol. Sucks about your start though

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you found him in the paddock called him a scrub then he gave you a beer and said sorry. Then you became best friends.

Hope that happened at least lol
I know him...we pretty much all know each other on that grid lol His son was to my right on an RC390. Wish they would've been in reversed positions since his son is much faster anyway and this wouldn't have happened lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Damn that sucks SBK. The second one made me spit my NOS on the screen...lol.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Damn that sucks SBK. The second one made me spit my NOS on the screen...lol.
A lot of people can't see the incredible technique used in the second video. He made such a perfect launch that he was about to jump over the rider in front of him. Unfortunately he let go of the bike before the maneuver was completed. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
A lot of people can't see the incredible technique used in the second video. He made such a perfect launch that he was about to jump over the rider in front of him. Unfortunately he let go of the bike before the maneuver was completed. :)
I give it a 9.6...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's too bad. It looked like your launch was really good. Like, you were moving before anyone else, and then - done.
Yeah that's what I was pissed about. I usually suck at race starts and this was probably one of my best ever. I would've got really close to the midpack guys (top amateurs) and maybe tagged on their rears and who knows, maybe improved my lap times a bit more. But after this I didn't really have anyone faster to follow so I just fell back into my typical track day pace :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts