Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!
I have a 2014 ninja 300 now and looking to but a zx6r! I was wondering if I could get your input on prices. A dealership near me has a 2013 and 2014 abs model listed for 9500. I haven't contacted them yet because I don't want to have them calling a lot like when I bought my 300. I was wondering if 9500 for a 2013 and 2014 was a decent price considering a 2015 would run 13000+ with fees. I'm sure I could get the 13 cheaper, but didn't know what I should offer. And should I only pay taxes, not any of the fees since the bikes have been sitting there for a while? Basically what do you think I should pay for the 13 and 14 out the door. I'm in Virginia if you think that matters. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
$9500 for a '13 and a '14???

Yea thats a good deal. Keep the '14 sell the '13 for $9500 and you basically got your '14 for free.

In all seriousness I dont really understand what you are saying. But I assume you meant "or". If thats the case then personally I would get the '13 assuming miles are the same and try to get it for 9 OTD.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
And ask Sandman where to look. Because he knows of good prices. 8 OTD for a 13 is really good IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just trying to get one. Sorry for confusion. There is no mechanical difference between the 13 and 14 besides paint schemes rights?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Yea I was just messing with ya. I think its a pretty decent deal but if sandman sees them for 8 then I would definitely be looking to work with his dealer.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Those sound high for a 13. I've seen new 13's as low as 7700 and averaging around 8200 (OTD pricing).
Not anymore Sandman but those prices were for Non-ABS.

If you can get a '13 ABS for $9400 OTD, I say it's a good buy. If it's $9400 and then TTL+fees, let it go.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
In my opinion if you can get a 14 abs OTD for 9500 buy it! lol if it not an abs then knock off a thousand

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think I paid $9700 OTD for my 13 back in July last year. I could have gotten it for $9200 OTD in Atlanta but didn't want to drive 300 miles to pick it up with a trailer. I'd say $9500 OTD for a 2014 would be a good price and $9k for the 2013...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys!!
I have a 2014 ninja 300 now and looking to but a zx6r! I was wondering if I could get your input on prices. A dealership near me has a 2013 and 2014 abs model listed for 9500. I haven't contacted them yet because I don't want to have them calling a lot like when I bought my 300. I was wondering if 9500 for a 2013 and 2014 was a decent price considering a 2015 would run 13000+ with fees. I'm sure I could get the 13 cheaper, but didn't know what I should offer. And should I only pay taxes, not any of the fees since the bikes have been sitting there for a while? Basically what do you think I should pay for the 13 and 14 out the door. I'm in Virginia if you think that matters. Thanks!!!
Hey man,

Hope you found your bike! I am also looking for a 13 or a 14 zx6r but couldn't find any dealership with decent prices! i mean, i would go for a 13 for 9k OTD or a 14 for 9.5k. I'm also in VA, could you refer me to a dealership where i can find these prices?

·
Registered
961 Posts
$9500 for an ABS model is a good price. I honestly don't have a clue why everyone focuses so much on price. It's crazy. I mean, whats the big deal? Are you really going to keep wasting time trying to find a bike that is actually $9200 so you can save yourself a few hundred bucks that you're going to be financing anyways?

Shit drives me crazy. I've had people get a price from me, shop around for a month and then finally come back to me. Sorry, those rebates are good sir, it's $500 more. Then they get upset and go to the next cheapest dealer on their list and it's $500 more there too, but then they say, oh we will sell it to you for that. They get to finance and then bam, that $500 is tacked on to the back end.

Sorry, but a few hundred bucks is not worth it to me to dick around and shop so much. As long as I'm not getting screwed, I'm fine with paying whatever.

In this order, this is what is more important to me and should be to you:

1: Dealing Local. Keep that money back in your neighborhood.
2: Am I getting screwed? Nope. OK perfect
3: How am I being treated? Is the sales guy an ass or is he just winging it? How about everyone else that works there? Am I just a deal to them or a customer?
4: Is this a big named dealer that pushes out quantity than quality or is this a quality vs quantity dealer? The smaller dealers that don't push out crazy amount of deals will treat you better and if anything goes wrong, they will be more eager to make it right, because they solely rely on their reputation. If it's a big dealership, you're just a number to them

I'll pay a little extra for better service, experience, honesty and reliability in the fact they are going to be here next year for warranty work. Dealerships have to make money too. People think that there is just sooooo much markup in motorcycles. Unless you sell Harley's, there is about $1000 markup from invoice to sticker price. The more and more deals they are forced to make by bottoming out the price, the higher chance their business will fail, not afford talent and good employees to work there, including mechanics and the fact they have to make it up on another unit.

People get so damn hung up on price, it's stupid. If you aren't getting screwed, spend a little. You will need that dealer later. But if price is still your concern, go to eBay

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
$9500 for an ABS model is a good price. I honestly don't have a clue why everyone focuses so much on price. It's crazy. I mean, whats the big deal? Are you really going to keep wasting time trying to find a bike that is actually $9200 so you can save yourself a few hundred bucks that you're going to be financing anyways?

Shit drives me crazy. I've had people get a price from me, shop around for a month and then finally come back to me. Sorry, those rebates are good sir, it's $500 more. Then they get upset and go to the next cheapest dealer on their list and it's $500 more there too, but then they say, oh we will sell it to you for that. They get to finance and then bam, that $500 is tacked on to the back end.

Sorry, but a few hundred bucks is not worth it to me to dick around and shop so much. As long as I'm not getting screwed, I'm fine with paying whatever.

In this order, this is what is more important to me and should be to you:

1: Dealing Local. Keep that money back in your neighborhood.
2: Am I getting screwed? Nope. OK perfect
3: How am I being treated? Is the sales guy an ass or is he just winging it? How about everyone else that works there? Am I just a deal to them or a customer?
4: Is this a big named dealer that pushes out quantity than quality or is this a quality vs quantity dealer? The smaller dealers that don't push out crazy amount of deals will treat you better and if anything goes wrong, they will be more eager to make it right, because they solely rely on their reputation. If it's a big dealership, you're just a number to them

I'll pay a little extra for better service, experience, honesty and reliability in the fact they are going to be here next year for warranty work. Dealerships have to make money too. People think that there is just sooooo much markup in motorcycles. Unless you sell Harley's, there is about $1000 markup from invoice to sticker price. The more and more deals they are forced to make by bottoming out the price, the higher chance their business will fail, not afford talent and good employees to work there, including mechanics and the fact they have to make it up on another unit.

People get so damn hung up on price, it's stupid. If you aren't getting screwed, spend a little. You will need that dealer later. But if price is still your concern, go to eBay

Because people aren't made of money and most dealers don't give a crap about you as a customer :huh::huh2:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Because people aren't made of money and most dealers don't give a crap about you as a customer :huh::huh2:
A dealer doesn't need to give a crap about me, but that money you're talking about, it's that same thing dealers need in order to sustain their business. You gotta pay to play, of you ain't got it, then oh well.... Game over for you I guess.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
In the grand scheme of things..... pay cash. Not withstanding that point of wisdom, it quickly becomes a matter of how scr3wed you really are, when you have to finance something.

Save up for it, walk in with the ability to pay on the barrel head, and walk out with the thing you want, at your price. Other wise you have to kiss somebody's arse at some point.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I paid way to much for my bike, but I got exactly what I wanted and rode it to work today and that's what I wanted to do. Point being I'm not losing any sleep over it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Then you shouldn't have a sportbike, let alone a motorcycle if you can't pay.

You oughta sell the bike and focus on saving up your money.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Then you shouldn't have a sportbike, let alone a motorcycle if you can't pay.

You oughta sell the bike and focus on saving up your money.

How does this apply differently to a sport bike? Why overpay for anything, sportbike OR other?

Your former position surely doesn't influence your bias :dozingoff:

I'm glad you take it as your place to make assumptions on my finances and my interests! Thanks for further enforcing my views of you :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
While I agree in part with Texas636, at the end of the day it's all about money for the dealership and the consumer. The consumer wants to spend the least amount of money while the seller wants to make the most amount of money possible. Yes, dealerships don't make a shitload of money on bikes and prices are higher (especially on used bikes) but they have a huge overhead.

Still, at the end of the day, it's all about the dollar. Personally, I use a 5% variance scale in return for service and peace of mind, meaning I don't mind paying up to 5% more. If I can find a bike for $5,000 and the dealer has one for $5200-$5300 and the dealer treats me like a valuable person, has good customer service, and looks legit, I will shell out that extra money. If it's a 30K car, I don't mind paying up to an extra $1,500 at a dealership where I feel they will treat me right.

With that said, you can't blame those who want it for the least amount especially when they can. Most people don't care about the dealership just as MOST dealerships don't care about the customers.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts