Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long story short, i'm thinking about selling my 99 Zx6r that i converted into a 2001 zx6r. Iv'e put about 3000 miles on it. Runs like a champ, No problems what so ever. Wanna step it up to a 1000cc. Just want to ask some pros in here how much a good asking price would be for it.

Here's a list of some stuff that has been installed on the bike ::::

Brand New Brake Pads (Front and Back), New Pirelli Front Tire, Oil Change and Oil Filter, Uni Air Filter, Fuel Filter, New Fork Seals and dust seals, Complete fluid change (Coolant, Brake Fluid, ect.), New Stator, New Gas Cap, Rs-3C Yoshimura Exhaust.

- All White with Green Decals 2001 Zx6R Complete Fairing and bolt dress up kit
- Custom Green Adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers
- Custom Green Tail Light with integrated Turn Signals
- Custom Side Mounted Plate with Lights
- Custom Grips and Bar ends
- Custom Fluid Caps
- Custom Green Chain
- Green XK Glow LED Kit w/ Remote
- Custom Rim Decals
- USB Phone charger under back Seat
- Custom Mirrors
- 05 ZZr600 Upper Stay Fairing
- Custom Green Wire Covers
- White Swing Arm Spools
- Custom Zx6r Chain Guard
- Green Frame Sliders
- Custom Green Pegs (Front and Back)
- Custom Green/Black Clutch Cable Adjuster
- Custom Fork Tube Caps
- Custom Green Loud Horn
- 600 Watt SSL Bluetooth Amp and 4" SSL Speakers (These things are loud)
- Custom Speedometer Dials w/ Blue Backlite Dials
- Carbon Fiber Triple Tree, Ignition, and Speedo Covers

I'm Sure there's somethings i'm forgetting

Bike would also come with :::::
Stock Clutch Cable Adjuster
Stock Grips
Stock Tail Light
Black/Green Shorty Exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
I'm sure you have a very nice 17 year old bike, with quite a lot of personalized mods.....

You probably don't want to hear that it's most likely worth as much as a stock 17 year old bike. Your labor of love most likely won't translate to wads of cash.

If it's got new sprockets and chain, fresh brake pads, recently serviced suspension, newish brake lines, new battery, recent filters, fresh tires -- I'd guess around the $2K mark. There's a point at which a well maintained bike stops depreciating; might be a little more or a little less, and the time of year will play into what you are offered.

Best to check NADA and KBB, then do the research on Cycletrader to see if anyone is selling the same make and model with similar miles and mods anywhere in the US. Check Craigslist to see what is out there, too.

You would almost certainly make more of your money back by parting out the after market stuff independent of the bike itself.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you want to get the most out of it, turn it into stock again, and then sell all the extra parts for themselves. You will not get much more for it then for any other -99 zx6.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
It kills me when I see someone put more money than what the bike is worth into mods.

Please dont be the guy that puts it up for sale for $5k because you spent "x" amount of dollars on a bike worth "y" amount of money. It doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i'll probably just keep it then. Was thinking about buying an 06-07 R1. Guess i can let my girl ride the 600.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Willing to sell the spare fairings?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah just sell the old fairings you have. You'll get at least a couple hundred bucks for em.

I'm with turtleface you've spent too much time and money on that bike to sell.

Hell I've spent over a hundred hours working on mine. There's no way I'm ever going to sell, and there's no way I'd make back what I spent on for mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Willing to sell the spare fairings?
Ya i'd sell the old fairings. How much do you think there worth?? Did you need just the fairing or do you need the headlight housing, upper stay fairing, ram air ducts, ect. too???

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I really only need the nose but I could maybe take the sides bottom and tail as well.
Where are you located? Shipping might make this not worth it.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I'll make you an offer if you get a quote on shipping to 28269.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
This is off-topic, but what has you looking at a 1000cc bike? Understand that this is coming from a 1000cc owner, so I'm not trying to flame, just trying to see where your head is at. I bought a ZX-10r for the street and almost immediately realized my mistake and, even though I love the bike to death, regretted buying new. I ended up translating it into a race bike because it just wasn't fun or really practical at all for street riding if you don't massively break the law. Even on the raceway, most regional tracks show hardly a difference between 600cc and 1000cc race bike lap times.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your after market parts don't mean anything to a buyer. I'm sure though there is someone dumb enough to think your bike would be worth more. I like the fairing swap. Its a really nice bike dude.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Keep that beauty. Won't get nearly enough out of it to be worth it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts